Fitting Celica Seats Problems!

Ok then, they are not as simple as a direct bolt in fit.

The brackets that hold the celica seat cushion to the original rails don't line up. Did you guys with them fitted just bracket it to the original bolt holes in the celica cushion?

Because of the extra width on the celica back rest the rear mounting points for the ep91 rail are pushed out about an inch anyway, which pushes them out of the original alignment. Any ideas?

Or is it another case of chopping the feet off the celica rails and welding them onto the starlet rails?

The myth of direct fitting celica seats may be busted lol

Cheers, Craig

Spoon_tuned on here has celica seats! Might be worth asking him how his are mate, also he is selling them with ep91 rails attached!

I got the seats for £31 off eBay lol I'm willing to work on it a little myself ;-) haha

I heard you have to open the holes a little on the seats with a drill

Maybe, but there's opening them a little then opening them enough to travel an extra inch haha

I bought celica seats thinking the same thing, I ended up getting rails fabricated for them because they were just becoming such a pain, even welding the starlet feet onto the celica rails didn't work, because the feet don't line up properly and the celica rails are much longer... I just got two bars welded across the rails and the feet welded onto the bar, and they sit tidy now, for me, it was alot more hassle than it was worth

I swapped the Celica seats onto the starlet rails by completely stripping both the Celica and starlet seats apart.. When putting them back together only two holes line up for the Celica seats base cushion but is still safe to use as I've used them for 6 month plus with no problems and the seat rails will need to be barred into place for all 4 holes to line up.. A big mess around but they are cheap compfy seats.. I think it's worth it :)

I swapped the Celica seats onto the starlet rails by completely stripping both the Celica and starlet seats apart.. When putting them back together only two holes line up for the Celica seats base cushion but is still safe to use as I've used them for 6 month plus with no problems and the seat rails will need to be barred into place for all 4 holes to line up.. A big mess around but they are cheap compfy seats.. I think it's worth it :)

By barred into place is it just a case of bolting/welding in bits of steel till they line up?

Cheers for the help bud :-)

Ill take some pics of how it's done once I've figured it out lol