see, dont know what riko is moaning about then haha

I've got better things to moan about, like global warming and how the price of ice-cream at my favourite ice-cream parlour has gone up, preposterous. And I wasn't the only person to moan about you, I just moaned more than others...I get bored

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if im honest riko, i did buy it, and if im honest, it was considerably cheaper for a full car that 3 seats and 2 doorcards. £100 later it was sat on my drive and he was far less of a hassle for the car than you were with the parts.

engines rather sweet actually, still feels, when being a passenger as it did the day i met rob and the car back in march. just putmy name down for a new carpet and a door handle

• 1 year later...

Well last weekend, i gave her a damn good polish up, wax, and some nice tyre shine stuff to make them look better than brown. The tyre shine also managed to spruce up the black trim aswell (tested on spares.. bottle says specifically NOT plastic - dumbass)

So i started off, a major clean in progress.

What she looked like before :

Paseo101.jpg

Paseo102.jpg

Paseo103.jpg

Paseo104.jpg

After a polish

Paseo105.jpg

Paseo106.jpg

After Waxing

Paseo158.jpg

Paseo159.jpg

Paseo160.jpg

Paseo181.jpg

Paseo173.jpg

Paseo192.jpg

Paseo190.jpg

Paseo188.jpg

Paseo189.jpg

Then today, I went to a rather large breakers yard in Somerton. Spent most of the day there and only found the Celica accidently almost at the end of the day. Had loads off it... for 15 quid :wub:

I fitted a couple of bits to the Galliano. Chrome heater control knobs, and the air con button - adds two neat touches to compliment the silver interior :thumbsup:

Before

Paseo193.jpg

After

Paseo197.jpg

Comments and Critisizms welcome. Aircon isnt rigged up to anything, im a bodge guy that way :lol:

Yeah they are worth it, simple but nice :p

The air con buttons dont actually touch the plug behind, and they dont fit in the little hole that snug, but as its not got air con (i just liked the button - matched the heater controls) i just superglued it to a spare unit i had, then just cliped it in, it doesnt look too bad, doesnt look the best either, good for a cheap mod though.

Got ... Gearknob, illuminated ignition barrel (well.. so far as the plug), boot lever mechanisms, heater knobs, air con button and a retro cassette player from one all for a tenner, gotta love Cross Keys Breakers in Somerton, about half an hour from me. They dont have any other toyotas there though :p

Ok, I fail at keeping secrets, so heres the parts I have lined up.

Single din coin holder, need to find a dial surround from Germany/Netherlands so I have two switch holes in it so I can relocate one button to fit this.

CustomParts006.jpg

Boot release catch - silver stickers = smarter look. Good condition too.

CustomParts007.jpg

ILUMINATED IGNITION BARREL.. speaks for itself :lol:

CustomParts009.jpg

Jaguar XJ door pins and pin surrounds.. not sure what il do with them, need to find a way of un-screwing them from the feeds first. They were freebies so I can't complain.

CustomParts011.jpg

Leather gearknob. Bit tatty so the next two pictures are going to speak for them selves, so work it out yourself ;)

CustomParts002.jpg

CustomParts004.jpg

;)

Well there was a celica there with one, and a previa, took it off the previa (well, estima) because the ignition cover and that was removed, easier to get to.

Mikey, yeah had a Supra one, but keeping it for my own Paseo :lol: The silver of this one works with the interior.

Asad, only the one wire that plugs into somewhere on the column, il have a look in a bit ;)

• 2 weeks later...

*Rant*

Well.. Just spent the best part of an hour removing the drivers seat, kick plate and moving the carpet back to remove the boot release catch. Removed the catch, unclipped the wires and then attempted fitting the new Celica boot release. Didn't fit right. So I take it out and file away a metal flick from it (I guess it acted as a clip in the Celica) and then tried to fit it again, bolted in, carpet moved back over, lovely, looks nice. Then.. attempt at opening the boot and fuel = fail. The catch doesnt have enough access to pull up so far - the bolt hole is higher up that than the Paseo's standard one, which means it hasn't enough ley-way. PAIN IN THE ASS!!!

So I have had to fit the standard one back in, then put the seat and kickplate back in - all a waste of time ( :) ). I was going to put the Supra one in while I was in the moment, but I couldn't find it and can't remember where I put it.

Damn and sodding blast!!

*Rant over*

Bugger. Yesterday while trying to fit that damn thing, I rubbed the sideskirts with my trousers and it rubbed the dirt off.. so I gave her a bath today :)

And I've also bought her something a little bit of a BIG issue when it comes to options. You will have to wait and see what it is :)