K24 people's thoughts?

I'm planning on going forged but need to get my gearbox, clutch and turbo set up sorted first. I wanted to be a little different in the turbo area so I'm planning on a k24 or k26. I've just been looking through eBay and came across this http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/viewitem?itemId=321040757289&kw=321040757289

Only thing that's worrying me is it seems to cheap and what mani would I need? Any one know of any good K kits about or what I should specifically should be looking for?

Cheers

Lewis

Yeah I've just had a proper read of the description and look at the pics, think ill leave that one.

Shit there good figures I was only looking for around 280-300bhp. 2bar @ 4600rpm that must pull like a train lol.

• 2 weeks later...

yea i had two k24s loved them, the first was an audi spec turbo, the second a SARD spec k24-2460g which was perfect for 250ish bhp great pulling power from low revs too, good alternative to td04s - quicker spool, lower top end

Don't think he has finished mapping it yet, sure it will be nuts !!

Mine is a hybrid version but I Received my new wategate last week so that will fix my leak and reduce spool time more

And allow me to finish mapping if my gearbox holds up ond don't shred more gears

K series turbos are great I love my k26

The k24 u have a link to there is off a tdi Volkswagen so it won't work as deisel turbos are low blow

U will find a k26 easy enough tho cause there found on old Audi quattro or a turbo porsche

K24 how evey are becoming more scarce every day

Edited by MARK@CMBAUTOS

I've been thinking about the k26 to but then also like the idea of a hybrid td04, can't really make my mind up. I think it will have to be out of them 2 tho as like you say I can't find a decent k24.