EML light on after gearbox change.

Hey guys, having a bit of a barney with my eml light at the mo! Keeps popping up and staying on for a while then goes off for different amount of times each time then comes back on for again a different amount of time :s. I put a new clutch in and also put a GT box on there, and since i drove it yesterday after it was done the light kept popping up. It didn't come on at first, but went down the motorway and when i was slowly down it started to come on then.. Really don't know what it is.

I have no FCD and sometimes the eml light comes on when i hit fuel cut at high boost or high speeds.. But the light also comes on when im stationary so its obv not fuel cutting when im sitting still lol.

We tried the wire to wire thing to check the code and it just kept flashing like you know when someone has an indicator out and they flash really fast, the eml light was doing that.

Please help meh. Cheers.

The light needs to stay on for 30 seconds for it to record the fault code on the ECU...The only thing i can suggest is you have disturbed some of the wiring when changing the gear box...look around the dizzy area there are a good few wires and sensors there.

Edited by H_D

The light needs to stay on for 30 seconds for it to record the fault code on the ECU...The only thing i can suggest is you have disturbed some of the wiring when changing the gear box...look around the dizzy area there are a good few wires and sensors there.

Ohhh yes it stays on for well over 30 seconds lol.

Hm, ok i'll have a look and see if there's any loose or unplugged sensors. Really fucking bugging me though, i don't like it when the eml pops up!!

Ohhh yes it stays on for well over 30 seconds lol.

Hm, ok i'll have a look and see if there's any loose or unplugged sensors. Really fucking bugging me though, i don't like it when the eml pops up!!

Check all the wires and connections on the sensors too.