Another high idle issue

After a bit of advice, I have had a high idle for a little while I did manage to get it a bit better but I was hoping to address this issue while converting to a td05, I did find a split intercooler sleeve which I replaced - this got rid of the up and down hunting affect I think.

I've driven the car a small distance but I have found the idle is around 1500, if I rev it it will stick around 2k and then slowly drop off.

I removed the plug to icv with it running, this had no affect on the engine whatsoever. I have been hearing a sucking sound from beneath the icv what's under hear that could be leaking? Does anyone have any idea where the vacuum on the bottom of the icv runs to so I can check this?

Any pointers would be much appreciated!

Cheers

Sticky butterfly in the throttle body maybe, mine does it too untill i rev it and the t/b closes.

Also try making a new idle by the idle screw on the t/b, i've also had to adjust mine from when i got it off matt first it was idling well high and i turned down the idle screw now it's fine.

There is a pipe from the bottom of your throttle body that runs to a metal pipe mounted to the rear of the inlet manifold. I do believe that is the pipe to your idle control. Also you have three other ports on the rear of the manifold. One is for the brake servo, one for your map sensor and one that goes to your carbon canister. Try blocking off all these except the map sensor and see if the idle drops. You will have a vac leak to the inlet somewhere.

Edited by Flaminsam

Found one nasty one between fuel regulator and inlet now the annoying sucking sounds disappeared and it's idling at 1.1-1.5k I'm guessing there's still something to be found all the icv and carbon canister vacuums appear to be in good shape!

Cheers