4age levin, faults to look for?

Is it an AE101 or 111 bud? Can't remember what year mine was :-P if ta got the superstrut suspension, if it makes the slightest squeak chin it off, aftermarket induction kits tend to rob it of power, parts are relatively hard to get hold of so if something's missing or broken haggle like fuck! Lol but they're awesome bar that

K reg will be AE101 so silvertop 4age, engine wise ST are pretty much bullet proof, just check for blue smoke, people tend to rag these engines so rings are prone to go sometimes.

Superstrut, amazing when new but uk roads kill it and it costs about 1k to put all new bushes on as its multi link. The other option is to fit hubs brakes and shocks from a uk car with mcpherson style suspension. Scrappy get this for about £100 then new ball joints and bearings so maybe another £100 for them. This does mean suspension mods are cheaper a its far more common :)

And unless its got a toms intake system try make sure its running stock intake with panel filter after market ones are fine aswel.

Edited by morgey

K reg will be AE101 so silvertop 4age, engine wise ST are pretty much bullet proof, just check for blue smoke, people tend to rag these engines so rings are prone to go sometimes.

Superstrut, amazing when new but uk roads kill it and it costs about 1k to put all new bushes on as its multi link. The other option is to fit hubs brakes and shocks from a uk car with mcpherson style suspension. Scrappy get this for about £100 then new ball joints and bearings so maybe another £100 for them. This does mean suspension mods are cheaper a its far more common :)

And unless its got a toms intake system try make sure its running stock intake with panel filter after market ones are fine aswel.

you know to much. I'm confused from trying to read that lol

Haha im dying to get a Ae111 96-99 i want a facelift tho 98-99 they look better but the blacktop 4age had thinner rods so these get replaced by silver top rods.

Spent a lot of time reading about them so no most the issues either cars have, been into corolla's and 4ages since i was about 14 when my bro's mate had a corolla gti, thought it was amazing revving to 7.8k from an engine designed in like 83 or something like that!