Thermostat housing seal/gasket?

One of my engines that I've stripped down I've lost some parts for (silly me I know). It's the bag with the thermostat housing parts and I can't remember whether or not it had a gasket or was just a sealant? If it is a gasket where can I find a new one? Can't find one on camskill/ID Workz.

Yes the where a gasket but just use locktite copper based sealent. I use only a hg on my forged engine. Everything ele is copperbased or the black sealent for oil areas. I swear by locktite sealents as they are exellently priced and very very good at what they do.

there is a reason why Toyota use the proper gaskets and not just sealents for all there engine parts, im not judging anyone just saying if it was me id use the proper gasket

if you cant source one buy a new thermostat there not expensive compared to peace of mind is priceless :D

Ah spot on mate. Also just noticed that the stock thermostat from ID workz comes with this. Was going to fit a TRD one and didn't think it would come with an o-ring. Ideal cheers.

Also what daniel_g says? That would be handy to know. Looks just like a sealant to me on it though.

I used high temperature sealant resistant to ridiculously high temperature! I found it hard to seal it after the first time I did it it leaked.. Be sure to let it go off a little bit :) gasket like paper, meal type of stuff ain't necessary and can be one without :) to sound even more thick make sure the thermostat seal goes on right wy round cause I out it on wrong wy and yep it leaked lol!!

Yes I'm a thick shit lol, drove me mad aha!

Edited by Danza V