Have i got the wrong CV boots fitted?

Hi Everyone,

Just a quick one really. Bit of a random one but i got one of the driveshafts fitted today and i think i might have the wrong cv boot fitted.

For those that dont know i have a starlet engined kitcar. The engine is a 4efte but the hubs are from a mini. I think the starlet cv boots i have might be outer versions as they dont fit very well on the gearbox side. Below is a few pictures of the starlet cv boots i have, does anyone know if they are outer or inner versions?

Many thanks for your help guys. :)

2013-02-13195808_zps87de67a1.jpg

2013-02-13194020_zpsd1eb94a7.jpg

2013-02-13194104_zps16fb06cb.jpg

2013-02-13194042_zpsaf275971.jpg

Jason :D

Thats a inner for sure, them 3 rubber lumps are to sit in the 3 divots on the inner cv.

I've had the same problem with some off the self cv boots, i got a new set but cant remember who from but they are a much better fit!

Well i say a better fit mine was like it wasnt big enough, yours doesn't look too bad, dont forget the inner is only going up and down, its not taking any steering angle on it so wont stretch as much :)

Edited by morgey

Thanks for the replys guys.

it is quite far on the cups but thats because it just pops of as they are so loose. Maybe if i just clip them up i should be ok? Or i might just bite the bullet and buy some new ones.....