WANTED TTE BACKBOX

Most people say they're discontinued but a lil while back someone on here claimed his dad who worked at toyota could still get them. But be expected to pay £170 +

At the end of the day they are made by remus, which sell very similar ones, the same as lazer, but the lazer ones are designed to suit the glanza bumper as it sits out further!

Most people say they're discontinued but a lil while back someone on here claimed his dad who worked at toyota could still get them. But be expected to pay £170 +

At the end of the day they are made by remus, which sell very similar ones, the same as lazer, but the lazer ones are designed to suit the glanza bumper as it sits out further!

Where would i go about getting one of these 'lazer' backboxes buddy?

Thanks for the fast response and info guys!

Well I have contacted my local Toyota dealer today and they couldnt find any links the price was £203 and was named as TTE sports silencer. The bloke recomended me to contact Toyota customer service relations to see if they could track down one in europe.

Still no luck and there wasnt one avaliable all over europe and the product is of course discontinued due to Toyota team europe going bust. If anybody has any tip offs or further information of where i could get one i would be really apreciative as i know they are extremley rare! Might even have to owe you a drink! :drinks: !

Still my research continues for Yaris SR back box. These were TTE stamped and i was wondering if it would fit??? if anybody knows?

Thanks

Chris

Tempted to do it.

There was a minter being sold on Ebay not so long back absolute perfect conditon! It was off a Yaris TTE stamped Right size bore and everything! I think it went for about £50

that was 4 weeks ago I can try and find a pic as its jammed at the back of the shed

and I stripped a cat d yaris vvti sport Sr with tte backbox and that bolted on a starlet. it was far from.standard thought I still have from down pipe to back without back box at work ill match it up against my na in the morning mate might help figure it out.

yaris spec

1999-2003

vvti

sport

Sr

tte spoiler back box etc fully loaded model

but I sold that a mate for 120 was mint thought last year

Edited by mini1.3

My dad who works for toyota said the yaris tte backboxes fit the starlet. He said they would cost £120 (trade to me) and it would take ages to get one. My sr is fucked and its being broken atm so ive got no need for one. My dad is unlikely to go to the trouble of getting me one just for me to sell on.

They're hard to get hold of but if he can do it then im sure anybidy else can with the right contact at toyota.

Hope this helps.

My sr is breaking on gumtree. Link in ebay auctions forum.

made the mistake of not paying £115 for one on here last year. i had a remus but sold that for £40 after writing off the starlet as nobody wanted it. now i'm back in a starlet and could do with the bloody thing again!

join the bandwagon, i want to make a tte up into a custom system :(

nobody wants a tte for how they sound, believe me, my remus has a nice little rumble but was nothing exciting. they just want it for oemness :D

Edited by Billy SR

my remus was a pain in the arse because i didn't have hangers, nice at high revs, but silent at lows which is good for some. never saw another one come up since i bought mine though! and they aren't cheap new!

My dad who works for toyota said the yaris tte backboxes fit the starlet. He said they would cost £120 (trade to me) and it would take ages to get one. My sr is fucked and its being broken atm so ive got no need for one. My dad is unlikely to go to the trouble of getting me one just for me to sell on.

They're hard to get hold of but if he can do it then im sure anybidy else can with the right contact at toyota.

Hope this helps.

My sr is breaking on gumtree. Link in ebay auctions forum.

Thanks for that rory, and thanks everybody else for your info!

I may take the chance and get a Yaris SR backbox. Theres one on ebay at the moment for £89.99 + 9.99 postage buy it now!

I have no cash as im picking up my SR tomorrow.

if its there next week ill get it!