stiff pedal

hi all,

i got in the glanza this morning and did the usual, let it warm up a bit, and me warm up a bit. then went to drive away. The brake pedal felt really stiff, like there was no servo? started to ease off at point but then would come back? any body had this before? Oh and the clutch pedal felt a bit stiff too

cheers guys

Clutch could be on way out if its heavey or stiff.. Test the servo by pumping the pedal before starting the car and hold down the brake pedal then start it up if it sinks then the servo is working :).. Sticky caliper piston ? ... Some people may have more experience :)

^^^^ This. Nah man your right pump up the pedal if it sinks a bit when u start the engine its good. Or you can pump the pedal when its on and see if the revs flutter too.

I dont think a sticky piston would cause a stiff pedal as the rest of the pistons would still push out so you would just have shit brakes.

Was it especially cold this morning? What about your fluid? When did you last change it? May have absorbed moisture and slightly frozen if its really old. The servo could be weak too I guess sounds like a funny one. One of those have to diagnose it in person kinda 1s.