O2 Wiring Question

Sorry for all the questions lately, just trying to get the car perfect.

A while ago i noticed that my O2 sensor has no effect on the car when plugged in or unplugged, i replaced it with a new one and there was no change.

Today i installed a SFC Hyper R, it has RICH/LEAN monitor, so you splice into the O2 wire on the ecu harness.

It just constantly says LEAN, which makes me think that there is a break between the O2 and ECU.

Is it just a single wire straight to the sensor? If so could i just run a new wire and fix it into the Harness and connect it to the sensor?

Cheers

First if u no how to of corse get a volt meter put it on continuity test un plug ya ecu then get a mate to put one end of the testing wires in the connector and u put the other one on the ecu connector and see if it beeps when u select the right pin of corse so might need a wire diagram plenty on here. If u get no beep show there a Break in the wire so that could b ya prob

Yes it is a single wire direct from the o2 sensor to the ecu. To test just use a multimeter and check connectivity between the plug end and the o2 pin on the ecu.

Some e series engine looms (but not all) have a shielding cable surrounding the signal wire which must be connected to earth at the ecu end. This helps protect the signal from interference from the coil/ignitor. If you remove a short section of the loom wrapping back from the ecu end you will see exposed shield around the signal wire which connects onto the signal earth wiring, which in turn runs to the head. To test at the plug end of the wiring you could scrap a small section of the insulating offf and check for connectivity between the shielding and the head which will tell you the shielding is ok.