AEM AFR sensor install

I'm about to install my AFR soon. I have two bungs welded on my jperformance decat and I'm planning to use the upper for the stock sensor and the lower for the bosch one that came with the gauge. The installation guide tells that the sensor should be mounted 36 inches down stream if it's been run on a turbo charged engine and 18 inches if on a NA engine.

Does it matter if I install it to the lower bung and it's not quite 36" away? I assume that it can only affect to the life of the sensor, but not the readings? I have stock engine on CT9 and am just going to up the boost to 1 bar. I don't like the idea of making a hole to my powergetter, aaargh.

on a starlet the sensor should go were the engine block ends and before the gear lever iirc @ the 10/11 o`clock position or the 2/3 o`clock position which ever is easier

putting it in the decat will ruin it in a short period of time, price up a sensor lol that itself should put you off installing it in the decat

Edited by Asad

Worked fine on charls car in the second hole on the j performance down pipe. And flames? If I recall if the engine is running rich there should be no oxygen to burn? Any car with flames either has a ignition problem or a leaky/blowing exhaust.