Rear caliper rewind

get the piston out clean up the piston and the area where the piston seats, replace he gaitor and if it needs it the o-ring where the piston sits.

rebuild/seal kits can be had off of id-works td or camskills, along with pistons if yours is that bad.

obviously after sorting it you will need to rebleed your brakes lol

I got my calipers honed and fitted oversized pistons from toyota. Great job and think it was 80pounds for everything. The circlip holding in the screw that the piston turns on can be a nightmare.

Piston out, inspect the bore and make sure the big screw isnt damaged. Does anyone know what causes all the calipers to sieze. It was a bust boot water and rust on mine

I've just had a set of mine apart, sliders were solid.

Out they came, cleaned them up, checked that they slid ok. greased with some high temperature bearing grease and assembled them, put them down for 5 minutes and the sliders had seized solid again.

As you can imagine i was baffled. The grease isn't overly thick and they weren't rusty in the slightest? :s

Really? These took all my body weight on one slider and didn't move, all 15stone lol

Did have a look at them today at work and its actually the rubber seal that they slide in so it must be these that they are locking up in. Might try some hi temp silocone grease on them see if that works better!

Naa the rest came apart easily no issues with any of it, cleaned everything, greased it all and cleaned any grime or rust out of any of the seal and seal seating areas and put it back together.

Its a lot smoother and easier on the handbrake arm than before which is good. Just these sliders that are causing me concern.