Apexi FC and maf?? HELP

I sort of hear the back ground story to the whole apexi thing a while back but didn't know that, do you have any idea of how many they have converted?

We're discussing what our next move atm. I'm thinking get the timing right and it might be ok, probably idle and run lumpy but at least it'll run and we'll know the ecu works.

The other option is wait till the other engines been built and just use a FCD for now on the standard ecu then get the apexi mapped to suit.

We've positioned the maf where the trd sticker would be one the cooler pipe

0CADAA2A-CBD1-4454-8DAF-AE9044023BA6-438

It would be safer to wait but for peace of mind it would be nice to know the ecu works.

By the sounds of it, it is. The guy we got it off said he got it last year some time and he's only the third person to have it since it was made.

Might give him a pm tomorrow if we don't have any luck.

It was from a GT into a GT. the maf was mounted correctly to with all wires plugged in.

All the symptoms seem to point to the timing, we'll have to do some research into it and see what happens.

It would be far wiser to drive to a tuner, and install the ecu there and have the ecu remapped/tweaked to suit your setup. It will require atleast a tweak as every engine is different.

It would be far wiser to drive to a tuner, and install the ecu there and have the ecu remapped/tweaked to suit your setup. It will require atleast a tweak as every engine is different.

I think this is the only option we have left, it won't be done till next weekend tho as we have the other turbo to fit and another fuel rail to order lol amongst other bits and bobs to sort first.

Believe the ecu is programmed to use the MAF, on other standalones you do have the option to switch between MAF or MAP, bu't not sure if its an option on the FC as I've never used the software.