Im having trouble with td04s. Im fitting the turbo, which has no signs of oil leaks, cranking the engine with the king lead disconnected to prime the turbo with oil but once i start the engine the turbo shits itself. Heavy smoke and oil out the down pipe. This has happened with 3 different turbos. Am i doing something wrong or is there something causing the oils seal to blow?

If you have set the turbo up correctly, and if your engine is good. AND if your oil seals went in your ct9 turbo which led you to upgrade to td04 then there WILL be oil in the exhaust baffles.

It will take a good couple of weeks of solid driving before it clears up.

What i did was got 2 litres of petrol in a jerry can, then a bucket and got my pal to hold my centre section of the exhaust in the bucket while i poured straight petrol down the pipe, we did it about 20 times and the state of the petrol after was unreal, it was so so black. After that i boosted down the motorway and after 20 mins of on and off boosting it was pucka, spot on!

Another thing, if your turbo is ok etc etc as above. How is your catch can set up? (if you have one).. Cause i had a hose connected to the PCV valve when i td04'd my car and it was smoking SO fucking much it was un true. Then i put the PCV back to normal connecting to the inlet and it was fine again.

Just a couple of things to consider!