Need Help with Athena 1.2 mm gasket !!

Is a monsterous leak from the timing belt side just below the exhaust ports? You've put the gasket on the wrong way round if so :sad:

Gasket will need replaced and new head bolts I'm afraid.

as adamb has said

i believe taggy did this with his and put it on the wrong way around

It seems to be quite a common occurance at the moment, I've seen a few threads about it recently :)

Yep its really easy to put on the wrong way around, the oil way is easy to miss, i bloody did it lol, oil was pissing out the bottom left corner of the head lol, pain in the ass but was ok when i took it off and swapped around :) if you have arp head bolts you can also reuse them up to 10 x

Edited by Taggy

Yeah, people said i shoiuldnt reuse it, but i paid shit loads for it and i never started the engine so thought i would give it a shot, worked fine with no problems and there was no damage to it either when i unbolted the head and swapped it around.

If its so easy to put it on wrong I've just set into panic mode now as I'm doing mine soon any pics floating about of the correct way of it going ??

Follow the waterways more than anything else, this should ensure you shouldn't get it wrong :)