Boost dropping off. UPDATED PLEASE HELP!!!

Need some help please guys!

Boosted up a hill earlier, got to the top nice and fine.. Went to boost again when it flatened out and it boosted like the smallest bit then just dropped off, in all gears :l ..

Stopped to see if any boost pipes had popped off but they all looked fine and wiggled a couple and both sides seemed secure, usually you will hear it if a boost pipe pops off tho soo!

But yeah, really struggling to figure it out.. One minute it was boosting fine, all the way up the motorway, then up the hill, but then it went funny from there? :s.

I don't have a wastegate of a BOV so it's not down to them not holding the boost. Could be be boost controller related? It just feels like there's no pressure anywhere.. Or maybe actuator?

Any help is greatfully appreciated.

Edited by Rbz.

You got a gauge mate? Is there no pressure what so ever?

Have you checked your mani isnt cracked?

Is there any smoke either?....turbo could have packed it.

So many things Id need to go through them 1 at a time while you give me feedback lol.

Basically: Mani, Cooler, Turbo, actuator, vac pipes.

You got a gauge mate? Is there no pressure what so ever?

Have you checked your mani isnt cracked?

Is there any smoke either?....turbo could have packed it.

So many things Id need to go through them 1 at a time while you give me feedback lol.

Basically: Mani, Cooler, Turbo, actuator, vac pipes.

I've got a gizzmo mate so yeah it does read boost up to like 0. somthing i think.

Could check mani yeah, it just dropped off boost after i had been boosting like 2 minutes ago tho!? Could a crack make it drop off like that tho?

No smoke, turbo is like brand new mate.

Ok mate will have a check over asap!

Odd! Have you tried running it off the actuator alone?

I know right!

I haven't yet mate, i will try it tho! But if i take off the vacuum lines from the boost controller off of the turbo and actuator, will i need to block those lines up while i get another bit of vacuum to loop the turbo to the actuator. Do you follow me haha?

If it was the boost controller surely that would cause creep rather than no boost. U cant go lower than actuator boost with an ebc so in tht case wid be a fucked actuator.

Yeah not too sure man :/..

Okie doke i have a spare actuator i will try tomorrow too! :).

It does boost, like a tinyyyy bit, then just drops off.

right guys, got some fucking big issues!!! so fucking livid :@.

here is the full story, so be patient and please read in order to try and help me lol..

yesterday we took off the boost controller vacuum lines and got another bit of vacuum and looped the turbo to the actuator, just to eliminate the boost controller incase it was that, that was making it drop boost. So ok, we looped the turbo to the actuator, went for a drive and sure enough she boosted perfectly at like 0.83 i think it peaked.

anyway i was pretty happy, so i went home.. later lastnight i went to pick my mate up again to go out, boosted passed him to turn round and it was fucking savage it pulled hard. so i turned round and went to boost again.............. sure enough it fucking dropped off boost again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

we've spent ALL day taking off boost pipes, checking for holes/cracks and all that, everything is tight. EVERY vacuum line is cable tied on. Yet it is still dropping off boost. im at wits end with the fucking thing right now.

*my manifold has been welded up again as it was cracked, didn't make a different.

*took off boost controller lines to eliminate the boost controller, make a difference for half hou then dropped off again.

*took all hard boost pipes off to check for damage, didn't make a difference.

*cable tied all vacuum lines on, didn't make a difference.

can anyone help me PLEASE, im absolutely lost as what to try next...

whats all your gaskets like,checked at nite with a torch to see if you have a leak,should see smoke,just an idea for you to check man

don't have any gaskets in the exhaust to turbo side nor the manifold to turbo lol, but it doesn't blow 11111000000% doesn't blow it's been like that for months and months with no blows, only started dropping off boost on friday.

I went external wastegate so never fixed it mate..

best way to honestly know is have turbo off, and test it in your hands, or take downpipe off and have a look see if penny is fully closed.

Darn it. How do i test it if i take the turbo off?? I'm pretty sure it does open and close fully, when we had the actuator off earlier i could open and close it without any issues and could hear it when it was closed you know if you were to kind of slam it shut sort of thing.

When the actuator is on, does the wastegate need to be completely closed when off boost??

wastegate must be shut off boost mate..

it only opens at its pre set boost level..

Righteo mate got ya!

I keep thinking it might be your internal screamer thing. Dunno how or why but nobody else has the same setup and it seems like you've had problems now and again with boost

Na it's 100% not that, i've had that for aaages now and i've been boosting strongly at a bar all this time since i've had it.. It only dropped off boost on friday just gone.. When it does it it feels like exactly you know when a boost pipe pops off and it just doesn't go anywhere, it feels exactly like that.. but all boost pipes are perfect and no damage to anything!!

:@ :(