Ok well you will need alot more than stated above.

Relocate air filter.

Turbo.

Mani.

Decat.

Oil and water feed and return.

FMIC.

Most likely a fuel pump and possibly larger injectors

You will need management and/or rrfpr.

HT leads

Not sure if theres anything else.

I'll buy a mild steel manifold and decat when I get the turbo. I've got a walbro 255 fuel pump and fuel pressure regulator. Relocation kit. Front mount kit. Blitz cat back. Bailey dump valve. And gizzmo management.

Nearly there?

Gizzmo is only a boost controller and not a great one at that. You need proper management like a piggy back either Emanage blue or Ultimate or even a standalone.

You may want to ask someone about injectors as they are not something Im so clued up on.

You need fluid feed and return pipes too.

HT leads also.

Mine has even less. Td04, oil feed from pirtec, toyofail manifold and down pipe, relocated air filter and a rrfpr. Not sure what power I'm running but in only at 0.8bar with afr of around 11-10 on full boost. That's also a good idea to get a afr gauge. At least you will know if your running too lean.

I have standard leads mine are fine :)

I imagine it will be fine they all do the same thing but like you said when your spending 1k doing it your aswell spending the extra 50 to maximise performance and reliability. Obv they arent a necessity but better for peace of mind.

All depends on what way you want to do things. There is a huge list of supporting mods you can do, or you can put on the bare mininum and go from there. Upgrading things as you go.

Its when you try to run a TD04 using standard parts that are fucked, you start getting issues. 20 year old dizzy caps and rotor arms for example arent gonna last long.

No worries mate, i'm sure it will fix up alright.

And nah, haven't went TD04. Still building my car up atm, gonna try and get the most out of the CT9 before switching to a bigger turbo though. Have most of the supporting mods + more to come, so when i want to go for a bigger turbo i'll just need to buy the kit and not worry about 20 parts shitting themselves.