causes of wheel hop when spinning,?

You can minimize it by lowering the front and heightening the rear, keep the suspension pretty stiff. Those torsion bar type upgrades underneath are pretty vital. Tyres and wheel size and air pressure probably effect it a little. New bushes and such too.

My presumption is the weight is shifted to the back on acceleration and the wheels obviously lift up and bounce, and as they are accelerating aswell it means they are spinning, creating the hop. A bit like a pebble across the water. So anything you can think that will alter this effect will help.

yes mate, the engine dampers help a little bit, as do anti lift plates and stiffer suspension.

or you could learn to launch properly :::p:P:P:P:

you need to launch lower in the rave man my SR dun that so just go up that road up the back o your bit and practise your

Launch tell you get it right but youâ??ll get it in the end

tintin

First off, lower the preasure in the tyres.

Second off, Soften the suspension at the front, Stiften the rear so it doesnt sit down at the back.

Third off, Replace all your bushes in the front, not necesarry, but helps.

Fourth off, Engine mounts, uprate them, or renew them

Smaller wheels also helps

If you harden your shocks, you will get a pogo stick effect, not good.

Ive never had wheel hop in ages, and yes i can launch hard when i want to

Rory

• 4 months later...

mine does this when i come out of parking spaces or 90degree angles at t junction i didnt know what it was i just thought it might be the lsd. it only does it at low speeds tho like ulling away. if i put my foot down the car seems to grip and not bounce.