Have I missed anything.

Right as most of you know I'm coming to the end of my conversion but I have a niggling issue which I'm trying to get to the bottom of.

The car has developed an over fuelling issue. It idles ok but when you rev it pops and I have black smoke. And when you try to drive the revs just die. I ran a diagnostic check and it highlighted 3 codes, 1) short/open circuit in map sensor 2) open/short circuit in coolant temp sensor 3) excessive boost pressure. Having checked all the wiring and plugs and the coolant temp sensor is new. I reset the ecu and now there are no codes present. But I still have the issues. My temp gauge doesn't work either not sure if its related or not.

Can anyone think of anything I've missed or overlooked?

I had a quick look at the n/a wiring diagram and I'm not sure if the gauge works in the same way but there is 2 sensors to run this. So I'm not sure if I'm missing a sensor from the thermo housing as I only have the coolant temp sensor and the fan switch.

Any help appreciated as the sooner I get this sorted the more chance of it making Japfest.

Rob

Edited by rob_bower

I'd try another map sensor on it. I had the exact same issue and it was a faulty sensor. I can send you one to borrow if you want? Try it on and see if it changes anything?

If you could iddy that would be awesome. Ill pm you now.

Cheers guys.