Mainz Car Care help!!

Hi guys,

I'm sure theres much debate on which is "the best" product(s) for cleaning your car however id like to ask you inparticular and everybody else on what you would recomend for getting my car spotless and a mirror finnish.

Now I mean that much of a mirror finnish that even sperm wouldnt stick to the car!

jokes :p

My starlet is 205 metalic black, I was wondering if some brands are better with certain paint colours? The reason i ask this is because i have noticed turtle wax are selling products to specific colour tones.

I am about to place an order for > http://www.cleanstor...duct.asp?ID=999

Here go the questions....

- Which is the best snow foam?

- Would an expensive snow foam lance make a difference to a cheap one?

- Lambs skin mitts vs microfibre mitts?

- Whats the difference between Carnauba wax, Clays and gloss enhancers?

- Paint Detailers?

Sorry for the nooooooby questions to cleaning.

Cheeres chris.

Hope you dont mind me sticking my nose in.....

Magifoam (comes in a variety of colours now :))

AB lance is a very very good lance, in alot of detailers opinions the best one for the money there is, these lances are alot better compared to the little bottles and nozzle you get with your pressure washers (i dropped my ab lance and smashed the bottle yesterday, and had to use the free little bottle with pressure washer, it was like going back in time and using the gilmour snow foam - i wasnt able to adjust the dilution, and it ran out way to quickly, as there was too much water flowing through it!)

Merino wool washmits/pads over microfibre - dirt doesnt stick to the surface of the mitt/pad like it does with microfibre ones, resulting in cleaner and scratch free (using 2bm) paint work.

Carnauba wax is a type of wax, different brands/makes of waxes contains different amounts and types of waxes, depending on what is used in the wax will affect the finsih and durability (protection/beading).

Clay bars are used in prep work (after washing, and before polishing - make sure you wash again after claying)use plenty of lube (oh er!) and it removes containiments from the surface of the paint, making it feel very smooth indeed, its only needed to be done every 3-4 months.

Paint detailers - im assuming quick detailers? These are used as a top up inbetween waxing sessions, they will remove any water marks and add a layer of gloss/shine/protection to the surface of the paint, great at shows when you washed the car before and now its a bit dirty, use some QD and brings it up a treat, and as stated when you havent got time to wax, or only waxed recently.

Hope this helps.

Edited by Danb

Pretty much covered it up, lambs wool mitt is what you want...wash the two bucket way and I personally see the snow foam as pita only really use full for really soiled cars...each to their own

There are sooo many products out there, each company will say "ours is the best" check out the dedicated detail forums and you'll soon find which products are worth investing in

I can vouch for some of the Auto Brite stuff. I used the cherry glaze polish, as good as, if not better that Autoglym SRP. Pink sheen is awsome as well, brough my plastic up really good!

Tries that cherry glaze yesterday for the first n not quiet sure what to make of it it didn't really haze up stayed fairly moist compared to srp but I don't really go to town with it will try it a few more times and see what happens

Hi guys,

I'm sure theres much debate on which is "the best" product(s) for cleaning your car however id like to ask you inparticular and everybody else on what you would recomend for getting my car spotless and a mirror finnish.

Now I mean that much of a mirror finnish that even sperm wouldnt stick to the car!

jokes :p

My starlet is 205 metalic black, I was wondering if some brands are better with certain paint colours? The reason i ask this is because i have noticed turtle wax are selling products to specific colour tones.

I am about to place an order for > http://www.cleanstor...duct.asp?ID=999

Here go the questions....

- Which is the best snow foam?

- Would an expensive snow foam lance make a difference to a cheap one?

- Lambs skin mitts vs microfibre mitts?

- Whats the difference between Carnauba wax, Clays and gloss enhancers?

- Paint Detailers?

Sorry for the nooooooby questions to cleaning.

Cheeres chris.

Ok here goes:

Magifoam applied via a Autobrite HD Snow Foam Lance - group buy deal £56.99 for lance and 5 litres of foam.

Merino lambs will mitt - £10.49 - 10% = £9.44

The guys above have covered differences but with black I'd recommend Cherry Glaze topped with a sealant (Project 32) looking at £21.98 for 500ml of each of those.

Detailers - Berry Blast Quick Detailer - £10.99 for 500ml or £19.99 for a litre can dilute this - also 10% discount so £9.89 or £17.99

Hope that helps

Dean