My Gt 424hp/405flbs (page 2)

mate 1.35 bar on stock internals? all going well? Im seriously tempted to get emanage and run 1.2-1.3 bar now... Mmm

Aye still stock internals, holding well so far and its had alot of abuse today and yesterday, no oil is being spat out anywhere. So far so good!!!

Really just messing with the engine cause its coming out of er in a couple of months so not fussed if it lets go, but I don't think it will to be honest.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wicked, now honestly mate with a gtr pump, safc and fpr do you think i could get a reliable car at 1.2 bar on td04?

also do you have actuator still?

I honestly don't know, so long as your getting a good AFR throughout the RPM range then it should b fine. I'm running with an external wastegate.

Wot year is your GT? The rods are alot thicker in GTs 94 and under, 95s and Glanzas are thinner.

you sure its earlier 4es that are thicker?

chrs sent me that pic aye on msn

mines a 94/95/96 so has the gay bendy rods or thick rods, we shall see anyway haha, when i change the headgasket and pistons hopefully i have the thicker type?

im not sure what to be happier to have, as HYBRID on tgtt says that the later rods are stronger and used with a different material

do you still have the stock actuator for the td04 at all mate?

My turbo never came with an actuator cause it was bought brand new external gate prepared.

I can't see the thinner rods being stronger, any rods I've seen snapped have all came out of Glanzas, but its revs that snaps them so just don't bounce er off the limiter :D

• 2 months later...

Yet another update!

It's all happening. Now running a fully forged 5E build, only 400 miles on her so she's not been let loose in all the violence it deserves.

Replaced the Emanage blue with an Ultimate (launch control is great!) and replaced the TD04L with a Hybrid TD05 blower. Currently only running 0.8 bar but damn it can shift! The 330cc injectors are already at 80% duty so next upgrade is cams and 550cc injectors with alot more boost!

I'll keep yas posted, not decided yet if I'll make my final Rolling road charts public yet, seems I'm going to have some serious competition in the Irish drag championship.

• 6 months later...

Yet another long overdue update.

Chris has been continuing to work his magic with the mapping, 2 months ago we managed to produce the following.

Spuddy5Enew.jpg

We just found out today though that the fuel pump has been failing slowly over the last 4 months, so much so the car just kept getting leaner and leaner untill the emanage couldn't be adjusted to add anymore fuel.

Thats all sorted now though, no mapping could be done today due to the rain and traction issues in 3rd gear, just waiting on a dry day this week and we should produce a figure that makes this one look pale in comparison!

I'll keep yas posted.

320hp :lol: ?? Gonna look pale???

Holy shit I would look pale shotgun in that thing :lol:

Sounds good mate :lol:

Only running 1.5 bar with a safe ignition map on that run. 2 bar going on with a much more aggressive map, also have a Direct port nitrous kit sitting here to go on. Should see over 400hp. Need a dog box I'm thinking.

• 2 weeks later...
spuddy, Phil was tellin me about this last night! i demand a passenger ride next time i see you!

that is all.

Phil.

No prob lad!

Was reading Jays thread, your build is coming alone nicely, in fact you guys prob have it running already!

• 3 months later...
Got my first blast in this tonight. It is everything it's cracked up to be. Mighty impressed!

Cheers for the run Spudman. :lol:

Pity my head lights weren't better lol, also I figured out what that sound was I was freeked out by, needless to say I'm a silly billy! Was the posts on the fence. I do tend to be nervous after working on the brakes :wub:

If u think it was going well that night, you defo need another run haha B)

Cheers for the run in yours too lad, I must say once you mentioned the chance of slippy sea weed I was quite nervous going round the bends and silly speed!

one little crazy thing B)

Cheers guys, we've added nitrous now for drag racing had it out for its first test on the 14th, I didn't perform all that well but should have the bugs Ironed out over the next month.

2 runs on there, one with no nitrous and one with nitrous.

spuddy2.png

dude i wana see some pics of your set up now B)

My cars an odd one lad, to look under the bonnet it looks sub standard, you'd never guess it was much over 200hp lol.

though the nitrous hoses give it away a little I guess.

Nice dyno result! Sorry if I've missed it on the thread, but what have you got in regards to transmission? Clutch LSD etc?

Lol Gaz, defo a good dose of the power if coming off the PP spec turbo and its not even wound out to its 2.2bar potential.

@Idress the clutch is Competition Clutch Stage 5, they are my sponsor for the 2010 drag racing season, in exhange for stressing their clutches they are providing me with free replacements. Over the moon with the Stage 5 though.

Transmission is standard aprart from an EP85 4.3 final drive. LSD is a Quaife unit, drives and CVs are standard. The car will be breaking the standard components on a regular basis but thats all part of the game we're in.