BEST PAD UPGRADE???

I would say the EBC Red is a good pad for hard driven non-turbos, but for turbos you're really looking at EBC Yellow or ideally Ferodo DS2500 as they are getting really good feedback from our 4-pot customers (better feedback than Yellows do). :D

the ds2500 are about £30 extra im running td04 and the green stuff pads are shocking i need somethink better, keep getting mixed feedback so its hard to pick lol

DS2500 are great pads I hated my yellowstuffs. Had them about two weeks and threw them in the bin!

best place to get them ?

Discs make less difference than pads, and pads make less difference than a complete upgrade like our 4 pot kits.

Carbotechs are great, but so expensive (given they are just a consumable!) it makes more sense to put that money towards a big brake setup with less expensive pads. You can always add Carbotechs later / as well if you win the lottery!

Fluid needn't be expensive, Ate Blue for instance is very good value / performance.

Discs make less difference than pads, and pads make less difference than a complete upgrade like our 4 pot kits.

Carbotechs are great, but so expensive (given they are just a consumable!) it makes more sense to put that money towards a big brake setup with less expensive pads. You can always add Carbotechs later / as well if you win the lottery!

Fluid needn't be expensive, Ate Blue for instance is very good value / performance.[/quote

Title says best brake pads..

Yup, but not "at any price"? EBC / Ferodo and similar pads are normally sub £100...Carbotech / Pagid / CL Brakes and the like range from £150-£300+!

So while the £100+ types may well be "the best of the best of the best", it starts to be a false economy in terms of performance-per-£ because a hardware upgrade can be had for the cost of two pad changes.

And performance per £ is normally what people are looking for.

Cheap pagid fastroad pads on ebay for around £50. They always survived a good 7hours of very hard road driving when I was doin delivery work. Not much brake fade and miles better than ebc.

A light sand every month to keep them on form kept me sweet. I couldntcomment on the other brands but if your shopping for upgraded pads then bigger brakes can be got for under £100 if u ask about

for std brakes ebc yellow worked well to a point good bite all round temp but start using them a bit heavy and they will warp discs

on willwood kits the bp10 were a excellent price £30 and a good all round pad for track and road

used hawk once and they were a pain in the arse lots of brake dust, sqill and no improvment over the bp10

ksport havent tested the pads yet but were going for stop tech pads will see but there is alot of options for that caliper

what options of pads does wms have and disc conpounds ?

both std and willwood set ups had alot of eyes turned and pulled over to say theres huge sparkes coming out the wheels !

(I'll send some PMs tomorrow, been buried under a new machine in the workshop all day!)

There are pads to fit WMS calipers available from (~takes deep breath~):

EBC

Ferodo

Mintex

Hawk

Wilwood

Carbone Lorriane (CL Brakes)

Pagid

Carbotech

Performance Friction

Endless

Project Mu