I just got a 96 Glanza turbo. It is limited to low boost in first and second gear when on high boost.

I've read up on the solenoid bypass, but also hear it means the low boost setting is not available after this. I don't mind as most wouldn't, loosing the low boost setting but my mate had a 99 Glanza which boosted high in first an second gear but the low boost setting still worked.

Can anyone tell me how this can be all he had was a boost gauge, exhaust and filter as upgrades.

Also is it safe to bypass. Does the actuator still do its job with the bypass because I've heard that it can stop it working an cause air back flow through the turbo.

One more thing my mates Glanza and a few I've driven had a dump valve sound even tho the was no after market dump valve installed, mine doesn't have this sound.

Any help would be great

Yes mate I was on about 5th to 4th gear to chase after sumthin the engine don't cut out but you can't go any harder you would know if you'd hit fuel cut before the dreaded fuel cut lol you engine goes doooom and you freak out and slow down haha this is the best discription I can giv you of fuel cut maybe other members can explain a bit more