anyone driven a new mazda?

Yup I've drove an RX8 - It was awesome!! Awesome power delivery and the handling felt great too, didn't really expect that from a RWD! It redlined at about 10k RPM (I think) too which felt wicked!! :p :P

rx8 is aclamed for its chassis, out of the box the settings are abit soft, not that ul noticed,

the mx5 is has been voted one of the best handling cars in the world

both are rear wheel drive. 9k redline for the top of th range rx8

ul have a good time man - drive it like you stole it man :p

old mx5's are lush.

look a bit gay, yes, but the handling and engine, absolutely fucking sublime. lovely motors, definately want one in the forseeable future, either boosted or cammed/tb'd.

rx8's, are nice. not the most comfy (over long distances), but will rev forever. i was a bit dissapointed as they arent all that quick (although i had just hopped out of a 400bhp evo and a 650bhp drag prepped skyline) but i did drive it over 300miles and had a good crack in it. look the tits (electric blue) and rev forever as i said (doesn't actually hit a limiter, just beeps at you and keeps on revving :p), but not all that powerful really.

handling is alright, but when you take long sweeping bends at about 120mph they tend to loose traction, and try to slide towards hedges etc :p

never driven a NEW mx5, so cant comment on those.

Well, we're home & it was good fun to get to drive something we can't afford!!!! If we'd have had a couple more goes, I could have got around a bit faster! Both got round in under 30s, I got round in 22.72 in the mx5 & 23.something in the rx8. Both handle really well, obviously the mx5 is a little better due to its size! You didn't really get to test the power as the track isn't long enough & you didn't get out of 2nd gear. Still, its odd having a mazda man telling you to brake, turn, turn hard, power...POWER, as he's letting you drive the nice shiny 07 car!!! I might go back tomorrow & have another go, see if I can get those times down!