Blue smoke ?!

When i rev blue smoke comes out on 3 revs its had a new td04 done by tuningd in feb and been told to use 5 30 oil to run the turbo in i have topped it up with 5 30 would it be the oil making it smoke blue when i rev it ? Should i change to 5 40?

everytime i wash it, it smokes then goes after a while and it only ever does it on start up i have washed it and topped the oil up as it was low! now its blue smokey when i rev it but im not sure if this 5 30 oil is making it go abit like that or not as i no everyone runs 5 40

Nothing to do with it being 5 30 or to do with washing it lol.

Something is fucked im afraid.

Check the breathers arent blocked.

If it smokes blue on cold start up then goes away its valve stem oil seals.

If it smokes blue coming off the revs and at idle then its the turbo.

Edited by StuDoc 72

yeah it does it now and again on start up then clears after a while to barely nothing its not smokey when on idle just when its first started up which i thought it was the valve stem seals as the turbo was only just done in feb by tuningd at 1.0 bar, whats the best way to fix them ? any sealing stuff i can use for now ?

blue smoke = oil seals in turbo

Or valve stem seals, Or excessive bearing clearences Or piston rings.

Do a compression test lad, that will rule out anything engine internal wise. Other than that take the manifold off and check in the ports, if their oily its valve stem seals.

okay mate il take the mani off now if its oily in the ports its the valve stem seals if not how do i check the turbo side of things ?, turbo just been done in feb ? its smokes when been sitting there then when i rev to 3000 its a tiny tiny bit then lifting off it smokes white/blue then it clears after been driven for a while ?

okay mate il take the mani off now if its oily in the ports its the valve stem seals if not how do i check the turbo side of things ?, turbo just been done in feb ? its smokes when been sitting there then when i rev to 3000 its a tiny tiny bit then lifting off it smokes white/blue then it clears after been driven for a while ?

If you remove the turbo just check in the compressor and turbine side, if theres anything more than a thin film of oil (compressor side) the turbo seals have gone.

i have looked in the ports there dry but the car hasnt been started for around 2 hours (does that matter?) its quite alot of blue/white when lifting off and reving over 2500 revs then it clears not as much after its been driven a while the turbos only just been fitted and its from tuningd in feb remaped at 1.0 bar hasnt been changed i think its the seals but i want to be 100%

If your getting bule puffs of smoke on start up that will be you valve stem seals I have just done mine as I had the same thing happening and my turbo had only covered about 6k since it was rebuilt so just checked it anyways but it was fine :)

If your getting bule puffs of smoke on start up that will be you valve stem seals I have just done mine as I had the same thing happening and my turbo had only covered about 6k since it was rebuilt so just checked it anyways but it was fine :)

on start up when you rev it loads of blue smokes then it would clear?