i think im gonna go down the rx7 top mount route instead of fmic as i dont want to increase lag and want an easier and cheaper option.

i just want as much info as possible on the pros and cons on running the rx7 top mount and improvements over stock, which year rx7 topmount to use and also what is involved in fitting.

any help is appreciated as always.

thanks keiran.

its a straight fit, and your looking for an s5 rx7 topmount, but5 s4s fit aswell,

it doesent make a seal with the bonnet so ull have to fit some rubber foming around the outer edges so the air flows through it and not around it,

if your aiming for anything under 220 bhp this is the best and only second to the arc top mount,

you might notice a 1-2psi gain so need to adjust your actuater/ boost controller to suit :p

cheers enzo, im only aiming for around 160bhp for now so this seems to be the better route for me. im only really interested in awsome response and big power isnt really important to me yet.

would it be yours thats on ebay riko666, also how much?

anyone got any pics of the sealing on the bonnet as this is the only bit i will find tricky i think.

cheers enzo, im only aiming for around 160bhp for now so this seems to be the better route for me. im only really interested in awsome response and big power isnt really important to me yet.

would it be yours thats on ebay riko666, also how much?

anyone got any pics of the sealing on the bonnet as this is the only bit i will find tricky i think.

Nah, not put it on eBay. I'll want what I paid, £60 delivered...it DID have a Samco elbow with it but I stupidly threw it in the bin a while back by mistake

I thought it was heat reflective tape,which is totally pointless on a top mount due to the fact it blocks airflow basically buggering the whole point in having the COOLER there :p:p:p . The reason i ask is i found it odd as it wasn't obvious! :p