Reinforcing a clutch fork ?

Hi guys,

Had a clutch fork snap on me today (no idea how this happened in nearly 10 years of driving modified cars haha).

Not the best experience for my first EP82 but it was a good learning curve.

So I'm going to drop the box tomorow and I have a spare fork from another box which I'll chuck on, but I'm just wondering if anyone has specific techniques on strengthening the standard clutch fork.

The last thing I want to do is drop the box again because of the same thing!

Cheers!

Didn't think of cryogenic treatment!

I've been doing a bit of research and it seems a lot of people experience the same thing. Funny thing is, the clutch isn't at all that heavy and it's just got a excedy pressure plate on it which shouldn't give much stress at all.

Unlucky is one word to describe it I guess and I've only owned the car for 1 week haha.

Cheers mate!

anyone looked into extending their clutch fork and spacing the master cylinder further from the block to give a longer throw.

seen it on a s13 build on driftworks. said it made the clutch engagement much smoother when using a paddle.

any thoughts on this?

anyone looked into extending their clutch fork and spacing the master cylinder further from the block to give a longer throw.

seen it on a s13 build on driftworks. said it made the clutch engagement much smoother when using a paddle.

any thoughts on this?

Similar idea is to extend the slave rod. This HAS to be done on some clutch setups because the clutch drags even with the pedal out.