Hi guy's

I have an issue with my adjustable wastegate actuator, a couple of days before i noticed that my actuator doesn't move proper, i was suprised cause i did not know what happened to it so i decided to go work on my car on saturday and took it off the turbo and i held it in my hand and try to pull it was working fine but as soon as i put it back on the turbo with all leads put and everything damn thing doesn't even budge, so i decided to open it a bit cause it was already open but was working funny cause it boosted slow but it still came to a level of boost to hit fuel cut, so i'm going to try to open it a bit again to see what is going to happen.

So i don't know if 1 of you guys been through this but can someone please advice me what is going on with it?

Best regards

Make sure the actuator is holding the the turbos waste gate shut when fitted.

i opened it cause it is making me hit fuel cut like crazy!

but it does't even move( move as in pulls open if i'm boosting to much)

Tried slackening it off if its adjustable? Is the arm bent or anything? Just a thought :p

i took it off, pulled it works fine as soon as i put it back on it won't open uppon pressure

Still no one with an answer on WTF is happening to my car?

yesterday i tested it out with the team, i adjusted it so it would not hit fuel cut it does it anyway, it begins to boost @ 4.000~4500 RPM after that it increases like crazy goes straight to 1 or over 1bar of boost, i was thinking about installing a FCD but if it over boosts i can bust up my engine so can someone please help me, this morning i took it off the HDI EBC but it still boosts late anto when it begins my car goes like a rocket but hits FC.

is there something else i can do guys cause i'm running out of ideas

i"m gonna check this out this weekend, and if that is the issue what would i need to do?

I checked almost everything,

hoses from EBC

took adjustable Actuator off tried it out was working perfectly

put it back on it gets like a pressure or some sort that it wont budge

Hi guys,

if been doing some research, i think it's my adjustable actuator acting up, cause if the wastegate was wide open i wouldn't even boost but cause of the actuator acting up and doesn't move that's why i'm over boosting so i'm gonna order a new one or i'm gonna borrow one of my friends car and see what's gonna happen and let you guys know.

did you reset the EBC after changing the wastegate etc?

nothing worse than a boost controller telling you you're doing say 1 bar and its actually miss calibrated and pushing higher.

do you have a mechanical boost gauge to support whats going on?

• 2 months later...

did you reset the EBC after changing the wastegate etc?

nothing worse than a boost controller telling you you're doing say 1 bar and its actually miss calibrated and pushing higher.

do you have a mechanical boost gauge to support whats going on?

The EBC i have the HDI EBC.

And akyakapotter i do have a cracked turbo but it isn't that cracked but imma gonna try it out with the new one to c what is really going on or i'll b trying out a stock actuator and put mi boost controller on it and c what the deal is.

Thanks mates

• 2 weeks later...

Check all your vacuum pipes especially the ones to the actuator first and make sure none of them are split or have popped off. That can cause creep.

If the are ok it sounds like your actuator is not working. Replace it.

Run only 0.8 bar boost so set your boost once you have checked all pipes etc