Urgent advice needed asap please

hi all im new and found your site after buying my 1st Glanza 1998 r reg (gumtree)

I bought her around 3-4 weeks ago after wanting 1 since bein 18 finally got round to owning 1 after buying lots of other cars and not bein happy, however still not happy only drove it 30 miles and it sounds like a tappet or something has gone!! so after reading on here I found the crack on the cylinder head at the fourth pot gutted car bein sat up ever since so...

the question is do I replace the head for another have it skimmed and pressure tested new gasket and fit it???

will this stop my tapping like sound??

or will it have caused more damage elsewere??

will it be alright on the original bottom end or is it just best to swap the full engine for another??

Im proper gutted as it was quite quick before this happened and I enjoyed driving it for that 1 day

any advice and parts ie head or engine would be great thanks

Edited by Fisher

Personally I would get a complete 2nd hand head and a genuine toyota head overhaul kit.

I would also change the timing belt waterpump and thermostat too whilst the head is off the car.

Personally I would get a complete 2nd hand head and a genuine toyota head overhaul kit. I would also change the timing belt waterpump and thermostat too whilst the head is off the car.

And the oil too! Pretty obvious but when I first got my glanza it had the cracked head too, a garage changed the head for me but didn't bother changing the oil and the turbo feed ended up blocked, it died a week later.