No fuel cut, no fcd, 1 bar- help needed urgently

In need of some help because im running out of ideas fast....

Running 1 bar boost (standard ecu, engine, ct9) on my GT and never hit fuel cut & have no fcd. Bought a new map sensor last year, have tried a different one since and all diagnostics tests are coming back showing no error codes. Fuel pressure is 3 bar 45psi so should be right and not rich/lean?

Turned the car down to 0.6bar and 2.6(ish) on fuel because im on another fresh engine and will give up if it shits itself again. Built the car from a shell so pretty sure of whats under the bonnet and all replaceable parts are new.

Is it worth my while to put a wideband on and check the ratios? Or is there something else amiss here that im missing? Doesn't seem to be common issue?

Only other thought is that the boost gauge is lying? But I've tried another one and replaced all wiring

Car that doesn't want to stop :p

Dont run any more than stock boost unless you have the supporting mods, it will go bang otherwise

I.e at a minimum

RRFPR - rising rate fuel pressure regulator

FCD

Uprated manifold to take out restriction in one of the runners

Walbro fuel pump if your budget allows

then either a rolling road session to sort the fueling out or you can do it your self if you fit a wideband by increasing the fuel reg pressure until you get the desired levels

Edited by Taggy

Jam mani, fuel pump as mentioned above and fpr mentioned above were on.

Gone back to a ct9 mani now its turned back down, but want to be able to turn it up and run safely.

Will look into a rolling road

Why would you run 1 bar if you know that its above the ability of your ECU and supporting mods? Thats only asking for issues if you were to ask me.

Id buy an EMB for the sake of a few hundred quid. Which you will get back when you come to sell it. So only the price of a map is lost thats the safest way to go.

Failing that just turn the boost down.

Mods should support this? ECU is next on the list, like everyone else its an ongoing project.

I turned it up purely for test (thats why its back down again now) but surely even without the ecu it should hit cut?

Thanks for help, don't know much about fueling :D

the mods you have should be ok then, but you wont know what the fueling is like unless you rolling road it, if you just turn up the boost and dont increase the fueling, prolonged use will damage somthing. Keep it standard then once its ready do it :)

Will turn into an expensive mess otherwise!

What mods do you have surely not jus mani fuel pump and fpr? They are the bare minimu but if that is all there is then you will still have many restrictions on the engine.

I see, yes it defo should have hit fuel cut.

Will turn into an expensive mess otherwise!

^^ its already this :D

Only other thought is that the paint shop butchered a load of wiring early this year, can't see any damage but should maybe replace these too?

What mods do you have surely not jus mani fuel pump and fpr? They are the bare minimu but if that is all there is then you will still have many restrictions on the engine.

I see, yes it defo should have hit fuel cut.

No other mods too. Athena hg, paseo bolts(drilling issue), sparks, ignitors etc etc you know the score

Putting money aside for emb, rather not use a fcd, but would rather sort whatever the issue is before I get to this stage and throw a load of money away

Put it on the wideband. I found a fcd on my gt before. It was very well hidden. It was only when breaking the car i found it. I was covered in a tape that looked factory. This may explain you not hitting fuel cut.

Put it on the wideband. I found a fcd on my gt before. It was very well hidden. It was only when breaking the car i found it. I was covered in a tape that looked factory. This may explain you not hitting fuel cut.

Definetly no fcd mate, the car has been built from a shell

Have you checked if you have a P&P ECU?

No I don't have one Amjad. Its next thing to go on the car.. just want it all right before I start spending serious pennies :)

Edited by melon

Really odd then, don't think I've ever heard of this before!

No, cant find anything about this kind of thing anywhere :( . I'm sure its something small and stupid somewhere along the line, but I can't spot it

Really reluctant to take the car anywhere to get it sorted but looking like I need someone with a bigger brain than me :p

Aftermarket ecu? I have seen some to be chipped in japan and no marking on the outside to tell its been tampered with.

You might be on to something there, got another that I know is right so might do a quick swap and see what the score is.

The one in it doesn't look like its been fiddled with tho

Wiring all looks good

Have another stock ecu that I know is right so I'll swap them over and see what the score is then, although I doubt the one thats in has been messed with.

Just open it up and look for a piggy back chip. Can't hurt to try, there's a guide on here somewhere that shows you what to look for if it is aftermarket bud.

Other than that its a mystery!

Or your boost gauge has kicked the bucket and is over reading.