PSI drop at high revs

Just noticed this today, very noticeable in 2nd gear. I plonk my foot down and the boost gauge reads 10psi constant up to around the 5k mark, then as soon as I hit slightly over 5k rev's it slowly decreases to around 5psi! So thats a drop of half boost!

The turbo is a ct9a new from turbo technics in march (bill for over £600!) So I doubt its anything turbo related, what else could be causing it then fellas?

Cheers,

Chris

Its an HKS actuator I bought a month ago....

If youre running a new turbo, and hks actuator..

Purchase an electronic boost controller.It will give stable boost pressures.

Im assuming youre running youre boost pressure set straight off of the actuator arm? no eleccy controller..

Yup using the actuator alone, no MBC or EBC.

Though so.

All actuators will leak pressure slightly.

Best bet is to fit an electronic controller if you want a spot on setting.

If youre running just an actuator set, it will vary slightly on hot and cold days.

Also you may notice creeping, and boost drop off with out a controller.

• 1 month later...
Just noticed this today, very noticeable in 2nd gear. I plonk my foot down and the boost gauge reads 10psi constant up to around the 5k mark, then as soon as I hit slightly over 5k rev's it slowly decreases to around 5psi! So thats a drop of half boost!

The turbo is a ct9a new from turbo technics in march (bill for over £600!) So I doubt its anything turbo related, what else could be causing it then fellas?

Cheers,

Chris

hay there mate i had the same problem its the sping in the actuator its gone weak so i got my self an hks actuator from www.starletgtturbo.co.uk for 85pounds and put that on and it fixed the problem and very pleased with it. the turbo is a lot more resonve now. that should fix the problem. hope that help you. tony

hay there mate i had the same problem its the sping in the actuator its gone weak so i got my self an hks actuator from www.starletgtturbo.co.uk for 85pounds and put that on and it fixed the problem and very pleased with it. the turbo is a lot more resonve now. that should fix the problem. hope that help you. tony

The oem actuators are wank in general.They just lurrrve bleeding that boost off.

Should be the first thing to change on every starbo