After my engine failure last year I've slowly been building everything back up. Upon removing the failed engine I discovered it was running a lightened flywheel. It had some damage on it I.e flat spots and a score.

I took it to work to have it skimmed on the lathe (it was ridiculously hard and needed diamond tipped cutting bits to actually do anything worth while!). I had it skimmed back about 0.010" and this is how it stands.

1615038A-4639-4AF4-9565-D9D8DBF79F6E-345

C510222F-C857-4C56-900C-D5B3CE47B26E-345

084DDD41-42FB-4642-BBEA-99B3D468D83B-345

As you can see in the pics or still has some flat spots on it and the score around the middle. Is it worth skimming it back more or would it be suitable to use as it stands. Bearing in mind I'm planning to run 350+bhp and the torque figure won't be much lower (4e not 5e).

Sell it cheap to one of the n/a guys as a cheap upgrade. They wont be revving or abusing it anywhere near as much so will last ages lol

Also u can have the outer edge skimmed to keep the step the same as before. I had that done to one of mine

Edited by morgey

Ok cheers for saving me any hassle guys! Ill stick it up for sale for a few quid for the n/a guys (will be in my for sale thread for those interested).

Looks like ill be investing in a new flywheel! Any suggestions on a reasonably priced lightweight one?