4efe to 4efte ignition question

Hi there, I'm looking to do the conversion but I just had a thought... If I chuck the turbo'd engine in there, what would I have to do with the ignition as my guess is that the ecu won't be programmed to my ignition, but the ignition of the new engine. Any help is welcome as I'm a noob.

Id imagine re wiring an N/A loom to suit turbo would be difficult even for a seasoned pro. For a noob it will be near on impossible. Youd be better off with a turbo loom.

Saying that unless your desperate to keep the N/A then you wuold be far cheaper selling up and buyin a turbo'd car. Will be far safer and more reliable will save you endless amounts of hassle.

Edited by StuDoc 72

You can use the same key if you use the ep82 ecu as they dont have a coded key like the uk cars, the wiring is not that hard to do its only a case of swapping some wires in the ecu plugs and swapping some plugs over I have the wiring diagrams for doing it we did when I did mine years ago, but you will still need a ep82 loom and ecu for the engine.

• 2 months later...
You can use the same key if you use the ep82 ecu as they dont have a coded key like the uk cars, the wiring is not that hard to do its only a case of swapping some wires in the ecu plugs and swapping some plugs over I have the wiring diagrams for doing it we did when I did mine years ago, but you will still need a ep82 loom and ecu for the engine.
Could I grab those diagrams please?

the 4efte ep91 goes straight into the uk spec ep91 n/a with no issues.

did notice the uk had a transponder and immobiliser

this all came out and didnt pose a problem when i replaced interior and engine loom

the plugs on ignition are the same