Fitting plug and play ecu ?

Just bought a mines plug and play ecu fr whitenoise was really helpful and gave me some info but basically I just want to no can this be run on my stock setup I have a stainless exhaust uprated leads and that's it (will it be safe to use)

Engine is healthy low mileage ect services regularly

And the question I didn't want to ask were is the standard ecu located am I right in thinking its under the glove box also when fitting it do I need to leave it to idle for any amount of time or drive carefully for a number if miles

Any help opinions appreciated

Thanks

Edited by Lawless

Yeah it's behind the glove box. Should be fine on your setup. Disconnect battery, unplug old ECU, plug in new ECU, leave to idle for about half an hour then kick her tits in. Pretty sure theres a guide on here for it bud.

Yeah it's behind the glove box. Should be fine on your setup. Disconnect battery, unplug old ECU, plug in new ECU, leave to idle for about half an hour then kick her tits in. Pretty sure theres a guide on here for it bud.

You don't wanna kick it's tits in lol

I've written what to do loads of times, have a search...

Once you find your ecu, stick in the new one

Unplug your battery for 20mins to reset the ecu

Reconnect battery

Let the car idle for 15mins

Take it for a slow drive through the gears

Once you done the slow drive give it some beans through the gears

Then let it cool down and your done :)

That's what we do with starletsr? Glanza as he has a JAM ecu

James

^James has got it there. When you're driving, slowly add a little boost

Go through the gears with 0.1bar, 0.2bar, etc until you reach full boost. But I wouldn't boost until you've been driving around off boost for 10-15mins

Better safe than sorry, I've know of some people who went flat out quickly and the car misfired etc

My thoughts exactly had a bad run with this car finally got it to a stage I can begin to modify and will not be hammering it till I'm sure it's ready ha ha

Thanks

I fitted a good few of them. No need to disconnect the battery or anything like that. Just have the ignition off.

Remove old plug in new. Simple as that. Drive away. No need to drive slowly. Ecu might take up to a week or more to come right.