Mikey's AE111 Levin BZG

Here's my 1996 Levin BZG.

It's fairly standard but has a few optional bits, such as automatic headlights (turn themselves on when it's dark), chrome kickplates, and unknown 14" Jap wheels.

When I bought the car I also had the import garage convert it to MPH and to fit a Clifford category 1 alarm.

As some of you already know, the Levin's come with the high revving 4age engine, which comes in both Silvertop and Blacktop forms, mine being the 20valve Blacktop version

131.jpg

132.jpg

It's a fantastic car to drive and handles brilliantly despite being standard, with the engine being nice and responsive, even if you do have to work it a little bit to get her going.

Anyways, here's a few pics from when I went to view/test drive the car:

Picture094.jpg

Picture095.jpg

Since buying the car, I've changed the side repeaters over to clear repeaters, and added red wheelnuts.

IMG_2207.jpg

IMG_2212.jpg

IMG_2208.jpg

Also have recently fitted some Toyota wind deflectors, and have some Toyota factory option sideskirts waiting to be painted and fitted

IMG_2524.jpg

Some random photos:

IMG_2523.jpg

IMG_2521.jpg

IMG_2515.jpg

IMG_2508.jpg

IMG_2506.jpg

On Saturday 9th February at the group Rolling Road session, I got my car power tested, and was really pleased with my results:

155.6 bhp @ flywheel

109.8 bhp @ wheels

124.8 lb/ft torque

• 4 months later...

Never been in a v-tech so I personally can't say.

However, from what other owners have said, is similar to v-tech, but not so much as a dramatic difference in power when the VVT isn't engaged.

(but still, loads more power when it does kick in)

Will try and get the printoff from the Rolling Road uploaded

crappy cheap uncalibrated rollers mate, take them with a pinch of salt, that sort of loss is expected on 4wd motors, but not on chuffing fwd starlets etc.

fair enough if you were tearing the rollers up with 500lb/ft of torque, but i don't think thats the case :wacko:

a car doesn't lose a set amount of power per drivetrain type, it's a percentage taking into account all the friction sources in the drivetrain

Which is why these sort of places should be taken as said above, with a pinch of salt