oil comes out of boost solenoid nxt to engine

My Glanza sprays small droplets of oil on the inside of the bonnet from the boost solenoid next to the engine. If i close this then it wont boost and will think its on low boost. It didnt do this before and has started like a week ago. When i dont boost its ok but when all three lights light up then it sprays alittle. What can be causing this. Its that little tube nextto the cambelt, which is used to put high/low boost on. Why is this doing this now. Onwed the car for three years.

I wouldn't think its the turbo seal Trisk mate as it on the comp side. Is it smoking on or coming off boost?

Sounds a bit strange though all the same. Try looping the turbo.

There is 3 nozzles on the turbo. 1 on the comp side. 2 on the acutator.

Link the 1 on the comp side to the obvious 1 on the actuator.

The other on the actuator which is at an awkward angle leave open to the atmosphere.

This will bypass the hi/lo boost soleniod and leave you constantly on hi boost.

After that see if you have any smoke.

If you can post a couple of pics of your bay and turbo I can get a better idea of your vac set up.

it already is on hi boost all the time. but it just started to do it. THeres no smoke or loss of boost. Pulls fantastic in all revs and gears. When boost comes on it spits ting dots of oil onto the bonnet. U know thers a solenoid nxt to the cambelt where the hi/low boost pipes would criss cross. Well that pipe is venting into the atmosphere. Its coming out of that little pipe. When i dont boost its ok.

I cant make much sense of what your trying to explain mate take a pic of your bay and the turbo set up and then go from there.

You can do as I said loop the actuator straight on to the turbo and you can remove the solenoid and all the piping for the hi/lo controller.

this might be silly but.. you sure its coming out of that pipe? i had an oil leak and it went onto the power steering belt and would flick up onto the bonnet, just a thought :)

my old turbo burned out and my friend got a rebuilt one from his friend. When its on boost its spits out oil from the vacuum line onto the bonnet. When not on boost its ok. no oil or anything. Its 100 percent coming from there because i put a rubber hose on it and then put that in a water bottle. Drove it and when I lookied there was oil inside the bottle so its def coming from that. Could he have hooed it up wrong. Any suggestions?

anyone have any pics of how it should be hooked up so i can show my friend.

Edited by sosolid

Loop the turbo and rip out the boost soleniod like I said then.

but doesnt the boost solenoid connect to the actuator? even if i leave it open aint that same thing as having the boost solenoid connected to it.? plus its on hi boost all the time. wont oil still come out of that?

Edited by sosolid

You can loop the nipple on the turbo to the nipple on the actuator therefore excluding the boost solenoid.

Then rip out the solenoid.

Take off the power steering pump and remove all the vac piping for the solenoid.

Problem sorted.

so usuallly the nipple facing up on the actuator conects to the nipple on the compressor yeah. and the second nipple on the actuator that faces the boost solenoid connects to the boost solenoid yeah. so instead of that connect the compressor nipple to the nipple on the actuator that is facing the boost solenoid leaving the nipple facing up on the actuator open yeah?