hks actuator. .problem.

It's not a problem with the actuator I had it running on a car over here and it ran fine beforehand

So how come everything went back to normal when I changed back to the standard setup?

Am I missing something here? Could anything else cause this to happen

• 4 weeks later...

I fitted a new adjustable actuator today and exactly the same thing happened again,

So the problem is on my car but no idea what it is,

The car boosts perfect with a standard actuator fitted but as soon as I fit an adjustable one it will not hold boost at all, if I accelerate the boost would fly off the boost gauge if I let it,

I've got no idea what it could be but I'm gonna get good access to the turbo tomorrow and have a good look to see if I can find anything obvious.

That's real strange there mate :S

"The car boosts perfect with a standard actuator fitted but as soon as I fit an adjustable one it will not hold boost at all, if I accelerate the boost would fly off the boost gauge if I let it"

Sounds as if the there is no actuator plugged in at all allowing it to boost freely! If you've one single loop going from turbo to actuator I'm baffled man

That's real strange there mate :S

"The car boosts perfect with a standard actuator fitted but as soon as I fit an adjustable one it will not hold boost at all, if I accelerate the boost would fly off the boost gauge if I let it"

Sounds as if the there is no actuator plugged in at all allowing it to boost freely! If you've one single loop going from turbo to actuator I'm baffled man

Same here mate, one single loop from turbo to actuator, it's a new piece of hose too.

are u adjusting the actuator properly? Might sound daft but a local lad was having similar issues, said he had tried adjusting it both ways. He was just twisting the whole arm and not the threaded part. I loosened the nut gave it a couple of turns and it was perfect

are u adjusting the actuator properly? Might sound daft but a local lad was having similar issues, said he had tried adjusting it both ways. He was just twisting the whole arm and not the threaded part. I loosened the nut gave it a couple of turns and it was perfect

Lol! Yeah mate I'm adjusting it properly, I'm starting to suspect the steel ruler I'm using now commits only a cheap one, I'm just about to get the vernier out and double check these measurements.

Just measured the ruler and the actuator using a vernier and it was 2mm out.

123mm was 125mm on the vernier so even though it it out it still shouldn't play up like it is,

Couldn't get a look at my engine bay today because it's been pissing down all day but I'm thinking about just going straight ahead with my forged td04 build now instead of trying to get to the bottom of this as I've got all the parts together now just need a decent clutch.

Thanks for all advice.

Mate I would say wind it in til about 100mm and see if it can hold a steady boost just under fuel cut. I had mine wound right the way in and the oem boost gauge went to the max, which was roughly 0.8bar/12psi.

If it does overboost (to 0.85bar/12.5psi) you'll hit fuel cut, so you'll know to turn it down a few threads from there anyway. I'm sure it'll he sortd handy enough pal I doubt both of the actuators are faulty.

Edited by Ryan_EP82 GT

Mate I would say wind it in til about 100mm and see if it can hold a steady boost just under fuel cut. I had mine wound right the way in and the oem boost gauge went to the max, which was roughly 0.8bar/12psi.

If it does overboost (to 0.85bar/12.5psi) you'll hit fuel cut, so you'll know to turn it down a few threads from there anyway. I'm sure it'll he sortd handy enough pal I doubt both of the actuators are faulty.

I'm running a jam e.c.u so won't be dealing with fuel cut.

I believe the actuators are fine, but won't I be upping the boost massively when I wind it in to 100mm?

To be honest you would think it bud, but it took me about 20 or so full turns to move up 4 psi on a brand new actuator.

On the stock ecu I know as long as boost is below the .85bar it fuels ok, not sure bout the jam tho!

To be honest you would think it bud, but it took me about 20 or so full turns to move up 4 psi on a brand new actuator.

On the stock ecu I know as long as boost is below the .85bar it fuels ok, not sure bout the jam tho!

Flipping hell, well I'll have a go at that then cheers mate,

I'll let you know what happens.

I've had an idea, I've had my black glanza back off my mate so I'll try the actuator on that one and if the same thing happens I'll know that it's down to the adjustment then,

As soon as my missus finishes work in it I'll give it a whirl.

Hope u get it sorted soon..so surprised its giving u jip still.hows the brakes ?

I know, I reckon it's the adjustment now, it seems like people are adjusting them differently on different cars to achieve the same boost levels, I think I've got to find my settings for this car turn by turn I suppose.