fast for a 1.3

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually CalGT has it lol. Good old Wikipedia which I never thought to check.

'A Gross Vehicle Mass (GVM) is the maximum allowable total mass of a fully loaded motor vehicle, consisting of the tare mass (mass of the vehicle) plus the load (including passengers).'

So that is actually the weight of the car plus I guess 5 people making the actual weight more like 1045kg. So it was my bad in the first place lol.

It wouldn't make sense for the little Starlet to weigh that much anyway :p

I mean look at the Sportif, it is the bare basic minimum of a car.

No electric windows, no central locking, no aircon, just one airbag.

The only controls you get are the ones you need for driving, there's no fancy gadgets or anything like that.

japanese car companies always get figures wrong, like bhp the always underestimate to get past regulations nd stuff.

erm i think a newish corsa 1.2 is about 82 bhp...buuut they must weigh a duck lot mare than the starlet, with all that safety crap nd stuff.

well montana jr u have ruined my little fantasy of good over bad :p perhaps it was a badged up standard one, but it had the kit, perhaps a replica, plus the exhaust was so big it must have been loosing power from tht...lol

A Swift GTI would eat a N/A Starlet all day long! No doubt about it, they are a lot quicker than N/A Starlets, not just a bit! I speak from first hand experience, I've drove many N/A Starlets and a couple of Swifts and theres not much competition :p

Think it was briggers mate who I met that had a Swift, looked kinda fast! Never been in a N/A Starbo to compare though...Next meet someone take me out in an N/A. I have my old 1.2 Punto to compare it to (ofc the starbo would be much quicker lol)

Ok yeah standard vs standard Gti's and Ralley's would kill an N/A starlet, how light are they compared to a starlet then? a ralley is probably 780-90kg. But we arn't here to keep our cars standard are we...

However at the moment a 2.0 Astra GSi N/A (145 bhp standard) only really pulls away in 4th. Same as my mates 1.8 sport with lgiht and balanced fly cat back etc etc...

And cars that can't keep up - Fiesta Zetec-s (mk5), Vtr, 1.6 corrolla (4a-fe), 1.4 corsa sri...

Spec of car atm - Corrolla Manifold, Induction Kit, Decat and a Backbox...