JDM lexus LS400 WTF do i do with it?

right then my dad passed away (sounds a bit blunt but head still a bit all over) but now i have a LS400 but what do i do with it? it was his absolute pride and joy but been stood for about a year, what should i do? can not afford to run it and tbh neither could my dad but dont want it sitting there rotting as its a special car, dont know if anyones ever been in one but beautiful car,

bit of a rambling post really

Sorry to hear about that mate.

It's really upto you, depends how much value you think it has. If you feel like it is something really special then maybe consider putting it in storage?

Sorry to hear about that mate.

It's really upto you, depends how much value you think it has. If you feel like it is something really special then maybe consider putting it in storage?

to be honest mate thats the only option i can think of, like just geting it mot'd every year and keeping it going, my dad paid alot of money for the car and absolutley loved it, its just been parked up for ages though now, i think i just owe it to him to sort it out really

You wouldn't have to get it MOT'd every year, depending on the condition just give it some TLC and look after it. If you wanted to and could afford to you could always put it back on the road at a later date.

It was his pride and joy from the sounds of it, so I reckon if you can afford to put it in storage and take it out maybe when you can afford to run in a few years.

Its a good to remember him I think!

cheers lads tbh all the suggestions were along the lines i was thinking off, its real nice to drive but it's a 4.0 v8 auto and kinda thirsty, spose the best option is just to keep it ticking over and a run now and again, awesome car though

I rent a container to keep my glanza in buddy, works out to be £12 a week with lots of security walking around the place including camera's and a few gates that you need a swip card for.

Size is 20ft by 10ft by 10ft

LPG it and use it as a daily?

You'll need to do a fair few miles to get back what a good conversion would cost you but if it's a keeper then after that it becomes a very cheap car to run

LS400s are fantastic cars, well worth keeping hold of it if you can, especially seeing the resale costs of them at the moment.

1UZ is a monster of a motor, keep toying with the idea of one for our Hilux Surf :)

Cheers

Mike Jones

Tuning Developments Ltd

as above, keep it in storage....you`ll kick yourself forever if you sell it now

not many about either, i love them..hava to be in black..nicely done they ooze class 8)

All depends on you if you want to keep it or sell it since its not something someone else can decide for you

If you do decide to sell make sure you do something useful with the money or give it to your mother since im sure your father wouldn't want you to be wasteful with it. If you cant afford to run it im sure you father wouldn't want you to struggle to pay for it

Cheers everyone

and Asad it's a black one, bit of laquer peel on the boot,

it's parked up at my mums at the moment with a space saver "spare wheel" fitted on the front so looking sorry for it's self, but i know how much of a good car it is and the fact that my dad really looked after it makes me want to keep it, he paid alot for it, i'll get to my mums at the weekend and sort things out with the car get it started and run it round the block at least.............proberly cost £20 in fuel :)

Typical for a black coloured Jap car, laquer peel on the boot/roof is very common

Before you start it, check oil...build the oil pressure with the ignition disabled then start it with jump cables/charger on for the extra boost

Give the brakes a good few pumps as soon you start driving it to get them all clean saving any brown trouser moments later

Oh and don't come back without pics :p