urgent help needed!!! please! :(

went out tonight for a spin, checked my oil to see it was below the minimum mark so i topped it up with around 3 quarter litres, checked it on the dipstick and was about half way, after about 20mins i stopped in neutral, engine revs dropped to around 400-600rpm :( smoke coming from the bonnet, popped it up to find oil gushing out the rocker breather EVERYWHERE, engine sounded fine, it drove fine, tested the boost to see if it lost power and it didnt, my dad reckons ive done all the seals in my engine, so fucking stressed right now, what can it be?!

I would do a comp test first mate as then it will give a slightly clearer indication of whats happened. Are you sure it came out the breather? Have you checked the turbo oil feed and oil return? Have you got cam covers on the engine?

Did the oil pressure light not come on when the rev's where that low?

no lights came on, Im pretty sure it was coming from the breather but i could be wrong cause the light i had was shit, i need day light tomorrow, so gutting though Ive had a lot of faith in this car i didnt think itd go on me, surely if it was the turbo oil feed or return the oil would be going down and not all over the top of the engine and inlet ? :/ why would the revs suddenly drop though?

My mate had this after running his glanza lean (long story as to how but he knew what he was doing was wrong but hated the fact he couldnt overtake a vts (he's also a mechanic :s))

Was crank case pressure throwing it out the breathers, all over the bay and even out the exhaust.

He melted a piston which literally had a circular hole in it which was pretty big!

I'd check for other issues but that does sound like you have possibly got a bad engin, just by the pure amount you say your losing and how much is coming out the breathers.

His revs also just dropped down but seized the motor, the oil pressure lights on our cars can't really be rely'd upon!

well it definitely isnt running lean, it boosts like mad though which throws me off? maybe i put more oil in that i should have? ahhh so many things, so time consuming, its a good thing im dedicated to this car or id already be looking at a standard run around car...

well it definitely isnt running lean, it boosts like mad though which throws me off? maybe i put more oil in that i should have? ahhh so many things, so time consuming, its a good thing im dedicated to this car or id already be looking at a standard run around car...

When running lean the car feels a lot more powerful, how can you tell it's not running lean? I mean I'm not saying yours was lean it could be ringlands which is the norm for 4eftes...

it was over fuelling big time when my lambda sensor was raped, when i sorted that it ran much smoother, have an TD fuel pump, fpr set up, and checking my plugs near enough every day and it looks like its fuelling perfectly

if you have smoke/oil coming out your breather usually means, you have done ring/ringland damage, you wont get loss of power until it decides to completly fail, and you have loads of smoke behind you

right, took all the plugs out and tested it, from 1st to 4th cylinder it went 120psi, 90psi, 70psi, 120psi

Was that with a warm engine and the throttle wide open? Cylinders 1 & 4 seem fine when the throttle is closed. However you do seem to have a problem with cylinders 2 & 3.

Edited by AdamB

Yeap there well out.i had the same as what u have had happen.smoke bellowing out of exhaust and engine bay,opened bonnet and oil everywere,i melted piston 2 though light detonation.such a horrible thing to happen i know

a few people have told me it might just be the head gasket, cause all my water disappeared, no smoke out the back which is what happens when pistons go, blew smoke out the rocker breather, plus oil, but i could be wrong, im ripping the head out tomorrow to have a look and we'll see

I'm going through all the same shit atm mate what did your problem turn out to be? I've smoke from the breather an not the exhaust, low an crappy idle, an itdefinately sounded off a cylinder! The headgasket was soaked in petrol on mine too. Dunno wtc is so far!