Knocking when setting off

Noticed I've got a bit of a knock/ clunk when setting off and sometimes rolling slowly then breaking to a stop, feels as though it's coming from the front drivers side and sounds similar to a ball joint, was wondering if maybe it is?

I have wondered about mounts for a while also, but assumed this was from the drivers front wheel area but I may be wrong, what am I checking for? Just breaks in the rubber?

Im gonna spend Wednesday checking it out if anyone could give me a list of what to check and how :)

Like back and forward rapidly for the driveshafts? Or spin it quickly a few rotations one way then a few the other?

And what am I looking for?

I'll try that also thanks hawwy

My mate may be able to get it on the ramp at his work so we will spend a bit of time going over it

Right ive had it on a ramp and no luck :(

Coulover top nut was tifht but we torqued it a bit anyway, he said ball joints drop lonks track rods all okay whxh have been replaced a year ago

Engine mounts have a very slight bit of movenent but no big tears or anythinf like that and all tight

It may sound slightly like a spring clunkong but the coilovwrs arent that old what could cause that?

Nah I don't mate, all standard, and has only started recently which I haven't changed anything since...I can feel it on the floor/pedals a little, and it did feel like it came from underneath around pedal front seats area this last time

Really bugging me now, jacked up the car also no snapped springs, regressed top mounds and coilovers as well, anything else it could be on the coils, surely if so tho it would be over bumps the harder the more of a knock?

Wondering if it is maybe a shaft but it didn't make a loud knock when spinning the wheels just a little noise from the box as obviously that will happen?

Have you got an anti lift kit? They make the wishbones sit lower and slightly closer to the arb. Maybe parts have worn in and sagged slightly.

Only other thing is Exhaust in the tunnel? Worn rubber or maybe ones even split. Engine will move quite a bit when setting off so expect that to move a fair amount.

Try putting a cable tie tight around the rubbers to reduce movement.

Nah no anti lift kit, just meisters, and a rear cusco panhard.

Ive had exhaust knocks before though and this sounds more of like a clunk or suspension related knock, spring clonking or something you know?

Ive wobbled the exhaust loads and the backbox hits the bumper before any of the piping hits the tunnel

:/

• 2 weeks later...

Still got this issue, drivers engine mount had had it and I thought it was that, replaced all with powerflex and still the same

I've noticed if I kinda lurch the car forward a couple of feet or so then harshly brake it will do it both on the harsh set off and when I break to a stop?