Forged experiences

Hi all, i'm looking for people to share their experiences with forging their engines. I was thinking if we do a set layout of info:

. The company who did the engine work:

. Who mapped it (if diff to engine builder):

. How it's running or how long it lasted before it blew:

. Overall experience:

Not massively after enigne specs but if you like you could add which tuning package you opted for if the company quotes one on their site.

I havn't seen this covered and i've gone back two years on here but please post the link if you're aware of it.

The basic reason i'm asking this is because as soon as i get hold of a decent glanza or engine i'll probs be forging it however, i got massively screwed over with my GT4 so want to avoid this. Please lets not turn this into a company slating sesh though, a simple description of your experience will be perfect :)

I've got stage 2 forge from tuning developments, currently running stock boost at the minute whilst i save for more power! runs perfect mate never had a problem. Really helpful guys down at TD and couldn't recommend them more.

Zisco Performance built engine, mapped by Martyn@Enginetuner. No problems, sweet as a nut.

Had an Enginetuner built and mapped engine in my MK1 years ago. Never had a problem and engine is still going strong I believe.

Edited by DevonGT

Thanks for the replies guys. I've looked a lot at each main tuner and their feedback. Got to say Mike and Nick at TD seem to be getting a rough time on here at the moment. I used TD for my turbo, fuelling and cooling set up on the celica but they are too far away really if there are teething issues like there was with the celica, helpful bunch of lads though and they bent over backwards to help me out.

Can I just say my issue with my last car was I used three different tuning companies for different services and i'd never do it again as I can fully understand that if something goes wrong then each tuner will be warey of the other's work and you're screwed for finding the blame of a problem. These new 'roll in roll out' services are great though.

Most warranties only include the running in phase don't they so as soon as you put any boost or real revs through it you're pretty much on you're own.

Hugely impressed with anything I've seen involving RaceTech. Gues i'm pretty much answering my own questions but it's a lot of money to throw around and I want to be sure

I used tuning developments for mine mate,

Thee best service i have ever had from a tuner in 10years of modding cars,

I got a stage2 forged engine with there own hybrid TD04 kit and its just mind blowing!!

Made 298 at 1.4bar

Even on low at 0.9bar it will see most cars off with ease!

The guys up there are really helpful, honest, and wont waste your money on crap you dont need.

I drive about 260 mile to go up there for work or parts i want and its deff worth it :)

Cheers

I used CCM, I know that Chris Carson is well out of your way over here in Northern Ireland, but if we are talking about starlet build his name has to come up at some stage :)

He is helpful knows his stuff guru style and can do everything on the car from spanner work through to wiring and mapping.

wouldnt use anyone else. until he tells me to get lost that is lol

Phil

Edited by Philm

i've already emailed Ricky, i know exactly what i'd do. the thread is just to get a feel really for level of service, quality of parts and reliability really. Ah shame you're not closer i'd come and blag a passenger ride in yours ;)

• 5 weeks later...