http://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-motorbikes/toyota-starlet-gt-turbo-jap-import-logged-as-13-gl/1026362250#photo-content

Was on eBay for a very short amount of time earlier this week, I spoke to the lady who owned it and she wanted 1000ono, so i suspect this guy will be wanting to make a quick buck.

It's listed as a Manual, but it's an Auto.

Original eBay listing.. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Toyota-Starlet-gt-turbo-/130953402413?ViewItem=&ssPageName=ADME%3AX%3ARTQ%3AGB%3A1123&item=130953402413&nma=true&si=oUK69C9BKeRucnnLuXei0C3zDY8%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Just a heads up really.

I thought it was priced right at £1000 ono and was considering making an offer, but by the time I'd gotten over the fact that I would need to swap the gearbox and it was silver, it had sold.

£1600 for an auto, which has been bought to sell on, has mismatched wheels and the odd scrape is a big ask.

I suspect it will be for sale for quite some time.

If you buy a working GT for 600-700 quid then you'll get an absolute shiter.

A grand for a fair condition un molested auto GT in silver is a good deal, anthing more and it would have to have upgrades/options etc. to justify the price.

I'd say at the moment, about £1000 for an auto seems to be the going rate, what condition these cars are in I have no idea. Pictures on the internet say very little about a car, so unless you've been to look at these "cheaper" GT's who's to say it's shit or a good one?

My thinking with an auto is it is likely to have been driven easier than a manual over it's life, they are mostly standard and it's likely I'll be taking the engine out of whatever I buy anyway. So if I can find a "decent" auto for around £1000, it might cost me another £1000 to have a gearbox rebuilt with a new LSD but at least the gearbox/clutch is then a known commodity.

Rather than spend £2000 on a manual car in "decent" condition which could need a gearbox rebuild anyway.