forged TD04 glanza or MX-5 TD04

looking at swapping my vrs for a MX-5 turbo, but dont know weather to sell the vrs and build a naughty glanza.

Opinions pleaseeeee.

Also i am aware at the fact that i will be instantly classed as a homo driving a MX-5 before anyone says it lol

Edited by AdamWheatley

I've got a 215bhp glanza on CT9, it's really quick, sounds awesome, drives well and is really fun.

I've also got a mk1 mx5 Eunos 1.6, which I use daily and when it's really hot. The Mx5 is nowhere near as fast in a straight line (stock) but the handling is amazing and it's so fun to drive! If your going to turbo an mx5, you could be looking at a similar straight line performance to a good spec starlet but you'll have brilliant handling straight out the box. But starlets do handle very well, once you've got decent coil overs, front a rear roll bars and additional braces. Also if you put money into a starlet engine, they could be shockingly fast and you'll always have the fact that they are quite rare and not everyone knows what they are and what they are capable of.

So tbh, it depends on whether you want fwd or rwd.

I've got a 215bhp glanza on CT9, it's really quick, sounds awesome, drives well and is really fun.

I've also got a mk1 mx5 Eunos 1.6, which I use daily and when it's really hot. The Mx5 is nowhere near as fast in a straight line (stock) but the handling is amazing and it's so fun to drive! If your going to turbo an mx5, you could be looking at a similar straight line performance to a good spec starlet but you'll have brilliant handling straight out the box. But starlets do handle very well, once you've got decent coil overs, front a rear roll bars and additional braces. Also if you put money into a starlet engine, they could be shockingly fast and you'll always have the fact that they are quite rare and not everyone knows what they are and what they are capable of.

So tbh, it depends on whether you want fwd or rwd.

thats a lot of bhp on ct9

Ive got a 200hp gt but still love driving the misses mx5! Its a great handling car even though its completely standard but a turbo'd mx would be awesome! Its my next project anyway ;)