Tax without paper document?

Im going to tax my car tomorrow but my insurance documents are all online?

Is the post office cashier going to be ok with looking at the certificate on my ipad?

If not what do i do...

Confused at this one! Thanks in advance! :-)

It'll arrive within 3-5 days. If you get stopped tell them you've ordered it online and the police won't say anything.

We get a lot of tax searchers around where i live and cars are been clamped all the time... Would a note in the window make sure i dont get clamped do you think?

Why cant you print off the Certificate?

There must be some way for you to do it, as its an offence not to produce your Insurance Certificate when required by Police

They give you a reference number online when you tax it, make a note of this for if you get pulled over, it will prove its on its way to you in the post.. Your car will come up on the police system as being taxed anyway.. I had this problem before

Dan

You can do it over the phone as well, the DVLA can check their records to make sure the car is taxed. If you ask them nicely they will send it out recorded, next day delivery for an extra fee.

Or as above print out the certificate.

Why cant you print off the Certificate?

There must be some way for you to do it, as its an offence not to produce your Insurance Certificate when required by Police

Yeh this is what ive just done... Just wait and hope lol feeling lucky anyways, just won £100 on the first scratchcard ive ever bought :-)

As long as you have ordered the tax disc online then you have tax on your car and if you do get pulled over (which you won't) you just say you are waiting for tax disc. You will be fine doing it like that and saves you queuing in post office :) x

If you do go to a post office to do it.its the cashiers discretion to accept it on your iPad. I use a iPhone 5 and taxed my starlet using my insurance certificate on my phone (iBooks) and he accepts it. Best to just go ask mate and explain its all online etc

Not aloud to drive a car with no road tax in window it's a fine for not shown .. And as far as police know they can take car away wait for it to come or fax it to post office that's ok just get the post office fax number

i'd just take the risk ,only a few days and you are technically tax'd.

My mum got her corsa tax'd and forgot to display the new disc, she got away with it for like 4-6weeks till she got a police notice on her car when it was parked up, but never heard anything more :/ maybe she got lucky