Coolant temp gets to 100 when driving, will probably get hotter but don't want to risk driving it. When stationary it's fine from startup, fan kicks in and temp drops. However after a drive I need to stick the heaters on full for the temp to drop, the rad fan doesnt help.Thermostat is working have removed and tested it. Have also tried the car without the stat in place, however the problem is still there.. It's a used forged engine, runs smooth, no spoke or loss of coolant, waterpump is brand new from camskill.. Using a dual core ally civic rad. Faulty water pump? Headgasket issue?

If its not smoking or loosing any vital fluids i wouldnt worry too much. But i would compression test it just to rule out headgasket failure.

Bring it down tomorro if u want i can test it 1st thing in the morning.

water temps should be getting no where near 100degs, i would either look to change the sensor to rule out a faulty gauge, or you have an issue.

Standard water temp gauge gets to around 115-120 on aftermarket gauge befor it starts to move, when it does move its usually too late.

did you fit the waterpump/engine yoruself? bleed the coolant system fully afterwards?

Edited by Danb

Using a Defi water temp gauge..when the same rad was used in my Glanza the temp was around 70-80 when driving..100 is way too hot no?

Il give u a bell tomorow H

its rare that the sensors fail on those, so id be inclided to look at the engine.

100 is way too hot yes, could be an air lock, thermostat, issue with water pump or could be hg issue

What if its 100-110 on a depo gauge but the factory gauge sits in usual place?

if the temp is accurate, then you have an issue, temps should not be going passed 90, unless your on track, if your going passed 100 normal driving, then as i said, something isnt quite right.

What if its 100-110 on a depo gauge but the factory gauge sits in usual place?

I recently removed a DEPO water temp gauge that was giving me funny readings, turn out it was out by 15 degrees! So pretty much ran like you are describing.

Cheap shite, get another gauge.

Would gauge cause to run shite?

Im going t try new coolant temp sensor

I am not sure if its the sensor or the gauge, either way I wasn't willing to waste another £15 on a new sensor.

I tested my new gauge on a stove with a pan of boiling water and a thermometer to verify it actually worked before fitting it to the car.

My car is running wierd and been told to replace water temp sensor so if i change it to one like u sent me it will be okay?

Also if the universal sensor works with the aftermarket gauge, which is the sensor for the standard gauge in speedo

So whats the sensor at the back

null_zps7d8f66fa.jpg

Edited by Hawwy