Fitting MeisterR's ....Help!

Hi,

got to try and fit these to my car tomorrow really looking for any advise and tips things i should look out for when taking the old suspension of (standard) or putting the new set on ?

Any help would be amazsballs!

Fronts. Make sure you secure the brake lines... Taggys GT and another starlet had brake lines that rubbed on the body of the coilovers and caused a failure... Resulting in NO BRAKES...

Get your car tracking done STRAIGHT after, as the geometry will be MILES out after fitting them coilovers...

Set them all to the softest settings... Lower the car until it just scrapes on the arches. Then stiffen them till it stops :)

The rears don't matter left or right...

But the fronts DO matter left and right...

If u get stuck... leme no Zoe im off work tormorrow x

The top nuts on front and back are real easy, the bottom ones can be a right pain in the ring though; I shattered the insides of my torque wrench trying to get the front lower bolts off!

The rear bottom bolt can seize up and/or round too, but a big ass breaker bar should do the trick! If you put a ring spanner on the nut on the bottom rear, you can wedge it against the trailing arm to hold it still while you undo the bolt with a socket :)

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all the advice guys! these are now fitted .......... but getting a really bad knocking noise from the front (and i can feel it in my gas pedle)

Is this just them 'settling' or is something wrong?

I made a video but because my exhaust is so loud and phone is crap you cant hear how bad it really is but here goes

http://s972.photobucket.com/user/buggs1989/media/IMG_2602_zps9b0c918e.mp4.html

Any help would be awsome!

Edited by *Zoe*

Thanks Mikey i will check that tonight, when i got the tracking done they said they had to move the allen key bolts as the camber was that far out so they might of over tightened then i guess?

but it was knocking before i took it in for that so may not i dont no, i just just no that its making my wince when it happens because i think there going to break on me!

There are four on top of my teins and im guessing there torque below 10nm if that.

You should have a look at instructions or online to get the settings but if anybody (a car garage or such) do make them aware of it and to take it easy .its just a thin plate of alloy the top mount plate and as i said very soft

Thanks for all the advice guys! these are now fitted .......... but getting a really bad knocking noise from the front (and i can feel it in my gas pedle)

Is this just them 'settling' or is something wrong?

I made a video but because my exhaust is so loud and phone is crap you cant hear how bad it really is but here goes

http://s972.photobucket.com/user/buggs1989/media/IMG_2602_zps9b0c918e.mp4.html

Any help would be awsome!

The large central nut on the top of the coilover likely needs tightened, they will knock if it isn't.

Thanks for all the advice guys it was the top nut!

just been out and nipped it up best i can and will get lew to do it to when he gets home. Took it round the bloke no knocking just a solid ride..nice!!