Flints stripping his gt!!! Parts for sale!!!

I'm making the manifold for him, I'm a welder by trade, taking the manifold to work this week to cut the hole for external gate piping and strengthen the jig for welding the manifold up, plan is to drill and fit hose tails in the jig for back purging, the bends are schedule 40 90's and 45's like these ( http://www.colglo.co.uk/productlist.php?category=316L_Stainless_Steel_90_Degree_Weld_Elbows ) I cant remember how many we used in the end of the top of my head but it was a fair few plus material to make up the collector and odd little straight pieces

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm making the manifold for him, I'm a welder by trade, taking the manifold to work this week to cut the hole for external gate piping and strengthen the jig for welding the manifold up, plan is to drill and fit hose tails in the jig for back purging, the bends are schedule 40 90's and 45's like these ( http://www.colglo.co.uk/productlist.php?category=316L_Stainless_Steel_90_Degree_Weld_Elbows ) I cant remember how many we used in the end of the top of my head but it was a fair few plus material to make up the collector and odd little straight pieces

Really impressed with your craftsmanship truly awesome work!

thats some of the welding anyway, have it broken down to individual runners atm just to get to the bits i couldn't weld in situ, if i get time tomorrow i will weld it all back together to the flange and collector runner by runner.

nice work mate..you making many of these? lol

good job mate .. i could of got the elbows for free out of work :p

did you wirebrush the welds or just leave them

Cheers, I probably could of had some free as well but I've had quite a few bits from my work already this year for other projects haha, the original plan was to wire wheel all the bends first and then leave the coloured weld, I gave trisk what I thought was the easy job of wire wheeling the bends but he managed to bust it off my bench grinder after the first one ;), so I think the plan now will be to anapol the entire manifold when it's finished and let the exhaust heat colour it in.

Hahaha i wouldnt say you were too happy with that were ya ha .. Nothin worse when you do a job and someone makes shit of it haha

Is it all made up ready to fit or a few small bits left .... Its nice heavy grade pipe too good job man well able for ( .8 ) bar ha

Edited by Darraghmh91

Looks awesome can't trust Trisk to do anything lmao

It's my fault really for not just giving him a keyboard to play with haha

Hahaha i wouldnt say you were too happy with that were ya ha .. Nothin worse when you do a job and someone makes shit of it haha

Is it all made up ready to fit or a few small bits left .... Its nice heavy grade pipe too good job man well able for ( .8 ) bar ha

Cheers dude, still a few bits to do and then we need to put it back on the car to sort out the external gate piping.

• 2 weeks later...

More work has been done over this weekend.

So slam panel was in the way of the new manifould so that has been cut out to make more room. :)116B4CB9-D1C1-49F5-B84B-5E28F9E2EF7F_zps

So I decide that the engine Being orange is just a stupid idea. Out she came through the front off the bay with gear box attached. ( silly idea and not easy)

79B63B79-5174-4775-8C69-4571FF383EA8_zps

4AD8BFC4-979C-4EFA-B804-A4F17C27C71F_zps

Gave her a good degrease and wash. Then the vht paint came out :)

E96C1343-039D-4EE0-889A-C003B9F77E55_zps

New water pump an starter motor and altanator went back on. :)

B401950B-8A19-40A8-9890-1136A7A27B9A_zps

Back in the bay looking good......................well better.

D6FF2B11-7FA4-40AA-88D3-73E9E10D83C9_zps

Thanks for looking and your comments. Much more to come. :) 👍