Can somebody please clear up exactly what a JAM FCC is as I have one fitted to my Glanza and I havnt got a clue what it is! I am looking to upgrade my ct9 to a ct9 hybrid and I am told that I need a FCD - this is the same right?

Yes - they're just devices that fool your ECU into thinking you're running less boost than you actually are just so you can run more boost pressure without running into fuel cut

Yes - they're just devices that fool your ECU into thinking you're running less boost than you actually are just so you can run more boost pressure without running into fuel cut

Thanks! I arnt sure if mine is working! It was in the car when I bought it but I can only run boost upto just below 13psi before it hits fuel cut! Is this higher than standard?

I knew it wasnt working right since day one! Right how do I know if its wired in right then? Any chance the module could be broken? If the wires are all in the correct place then what else can it be? Im going to check the wiring in half an hour or so, waiting to collect it from superflow as ive had a stainless cat back put on. Anybody know where I can get a wiring diagram from to check it against??

Can I pull the plugs out of my ecu or will it mess something up? also all the wiring looks spot on! All soldered in and elctrical taped over! Ive pulled all the old tape off to check the connections on the soldering and they all look fine! I need a wiring diagram to check its wired up correctly!

Right, Ive checked all the connections where the FCC splices into the ecu. All look fine and soldered properly, no amateur jobby! Its wired up exactly the same as the wiring diagram in this thread for the HKS FCD Click me?

But my car hits fuel cut at 13psi! Could it be the JAM FCC thats faulty?

i thought tha jam and hks wire in differently, because they are different types. could be wrong though.

on a side note: hows the exhaust system? made much of a difference? you could be hitting fuel cut with it, like i used to. remember! now you will see how annoying it is when people want to race you but you cant because it hits fuel cut all the time, and the other person thinks they have won! mentioning no names. ahem :)

It doesnt hit fuel cut when you are flooring it just when you are say climbing a hill in 3rd at low revs and put your foot flat to the floor, then it boosts to about 13.4psi and judders like a mofo!!!

Does anyone know if the JAM FCC wires up the same as a HKS FCD, If not does anyone know where I can get hold of a wiring diagram as ive tried google etc but cant find no website for JAM!?

What boost pressure should I be able to run with the FCC?

The exhaust system sounds abit louder but no noticable power difference? I only got stainless from the cat to the back box and the silencer removed. It already has a Jasma back box. To say there is nothing in the exhaust now its still really quiet! Gutted cat, no silencer, jasma backbox!

And about the racing, my clio would have been far quicker, my glanza isnt nothing compared to how quick that felt! N/A power at its best!

• 1 month later...